Screenshots in build mode on empty lot saved as memory

by AlHollandiyah

Original Post

Screenshots in build mode on empty lot saved as memory

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

I was in build mode on an empty lot that had no household yet, and I tried to make some screenshots to show off my progress. Later I wanted to upload those screenshots, but they were nowhere to be found in my "Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Screenshots\" folder. I thought it was some weird bug so I tried again, and then I saw this notifiication saying they were stored as a memory and I had to go to the camera options timeline to view them. Problem, there are no sims, and therefore no memories, and therefore no timeline.

I posted this on the Sims forum and got the tip to backup my saves and let the game make a new sims folder, but that didn't help either. I also tried making a new save, to rule out corrupted saves as the cause, but then I got the same message and captured a screenshot with printscreen of it.

I also tried looking in to the settings for a dozen of times to see if I had a setting that could change it somewhere, but there isn't any. I think this is a bug because obviously there is no need for memories without sims (even with sims I prefer them in my screenshots folder) and currently there is no way to find your screenshots back. One could work their way around with printscreen, but IMHO the in-game screenshot function should just work!

I hope that this can be fixed, thank you very much!

Message 1 of 4 (718 Views)

Re: Screenshots in build mode on empty lot saved as memory

Hero

They made some changes to the screenshot manager in the upcoming patch so I'm not going to add this to the list yet but it would be great if you could test this next week after the patch is out and report back if it still persists.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 4 (710 Views)

★★ Guide

Actually I found out that they do land up in my screenshots folder after the resetting of the game folder, so I'm guessing it's partially fixed. I still think it's weird that it says 'saved as memory' while there are no memories for a lot without sims. I will check back next week, could you tell me when the patch is expected, so I know when to test? Thanks!

Message 3 of 4 (706 Views)

Hero

There's no official date out yet. The EP is coming on Tuesday the 8th and we usually get a patch the week before.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 4 (703 Views)