Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Screen resolution won't change on borderless setting?

by ShadyHentai

Original Post

Screen resolution won't change on borderless setting?

★★★★ Novice

Product: Anthem
Platform:PC
Please specify your platform model. PC
AMD or Nvidia Model Number GTX 1080
Enter RAM memory size in GB 24
Please select your region South America
Were you on an Expedition when the issue occurred? No
Where did this issue occur? Please include menu name or in game location. In-game video settings
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) since I got this game I believe its been over a week, maybe 2-3 weeks? not sure exactly. still keeps happening
Summarize your bug While using the 'borderless' fullscreen option, when i change the screen resolution for the game nothing happens, it asks me if i want to keep the settings and i click yes. I figured maybe I need to restart my game to see the change, but that didn't work either. It says the resolution is the one i selected, when in fact the game is running on high quality 1080p resolution.
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Just try different resolutions with the borderless option on.
What happens when the bug occurs? Nothing, and that's the issue.
What should be happening instead? The screen resolution setting does not work when on borderless, although it should.

fs 1080.png

fs 720.png

now borderless:

borderless 1080.png

borderless 720.png

you can tell the difference in quality just by looking at the words on the 720p vs the 1080p on the fullscreen, however that quality difference does not exist on borderless. Even the screenshot for the fullscreen 720p is 1280x720, however the one for borderless is 1920x1080,

Message 1 of 1 (22 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help