Screen freezing

by kingsolo74

Original Post

Screen freezing

★★★ Novice

Product: NHL 22
Platform:Xbox Series S
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? When a team takes a penalty
What happens when the bug occurs? When a team takes a penalty and the splash screen shows the player who took the penalty, the splash screen freezes. The game continues on in the background but the screen is only showing the splash screen of the player picture who took the penalty.
What do you expect to see? The splash screen should show the player who took the penalty and then return to the game.
Was the issue in online or offline mode? Offline
Insert Game Mode or Feature here PLAY NOW
What time did you see the bug? (HH:MM AM/PM) 4pm
What is your time zone? CST - GMT - 6:00
What is your gamertag/PSN ID? warrior king
PS4 Crash Reporting: Please copy the text you put in the crash report here.
EASHL issues? Please insert your Club Region.
What is your game language? English

This seems to be random.

Message 1 of 10 (1,190 Views)

Re: Screen freezing

Community Manager
@kingsolo74

Is it showing a synching icon in the top right corner when it freezes?
Blueberry.png
Message 2 of 10 (1,166 Views)

★★ Novice

I am also having this issue (twice now) on PS5 Digital in season mode. Second occurance I did notice the syncing text in the corner. 

Message 3 of 10 (1,153 Views)

★★★ Novice
@EA_Blueberry yes there is
Message 4 of 10 (1,135 Views)

Message 5 of 10 (1,090 Views)

★★★ Novice
@EA_Blueberry but this is happening in offline mode. I don't play any online modes.
Message 6 of 10 (1,082 Views)

Community Manager

@kingsolo74 

That is still related to the issue as far as I'm aware. If you don't skip the cut scene from when the penalty happened that should help avoid the freezing. I know it's a pain to deal with and we apologize for this unexpected bug. The team is working to fix it as soon as they can. 

Blueberry.png
Message 7 of 10 (1,061 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

@EA_Blueberry Same issue here on a Ps5 in OFFLINE Be a pro and the patch yesterday did NOT fix it, so the issue is NOT RELATE

Message 8 of 10 (1,017 Views)

Community Manager

*UPDATE 10/25*

A new NHL 22 patch is now available for both Xbox and PlayStation to fix various desyncs and crashes.

If you continue to experience issues after downloading the latest update please let us know.

Blueberry.png
Message 9 of 10 (985 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@EA_Blueberry I just got this bug and playing on ps5 digital in franchise mode offline. It was after a goal was scored by computer team. Pittsburg vs leafs and Jason zucker is the face that is stuck on screen. Game is updated to latest version and only purchased a week ago. Picture is sick on screen with game playing in background, I have tried replay and pause options to clear it but everytime go back into game it goes back to player splash screen.
Message 10 of 10 (813 Views)