Scourge of the old republic tier IV

★★★ Newbie

Product: Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
Platform:Apple iPhone
What type of device are you experiencing the issue with? iPhone 12
OS Version 14
Ally Code: (Find it here: http://bit.ly/AllyCode ) 772353868
What type of issue do you have? Gameplay
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Summarize your bug Not sure if this is a bug or not but, I’m trying to do Darth Revan journey Scourge of the old republic tier IV, the recommended gear level is 9. One character is gear 8, two are gear 9, one is gear 11, and one is gear 12, and of course the provided Revan is gear 10. The in game tool tip says the boss can attack up to 3 times, I’ve literally had the boss start off with 18 attacks and kill the whole team before I get a turn. Most of the time he kills everyone including the provided Revan straight off except the gear 11 and 12 characters, though they are badly hurt. Is this an intended mechanic? It is super frustrating and seems ridiculous seeing as how the Revan provided to play with is gear 10 with no way to up it, and he dies right away most of the time. I tried uploading a video but it tells me “unsupported extension type”
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play the journey guide?
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region North America
Country USA

Won’t let me attach video 

Message 1 of 10 (3,478 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Scourge of the old republic tier IV

Hero (Retired)

The event is much more difficult than the lightside Revan one. It could be that your characters need better mods.

View in thread

Message 2 of 10 (3,455 Views)

All Replies

Hero (Retired)

The event is much more difficult than the lightside Revan one. It could be that your characters need better mods.

Message 2 of 10 (3,456 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Same problem here. My characters are all gear 8-10, seven star and fully equipped with 5 dot level 15 mods and a lot of the time they are all defeated without me getting a turn due to the boss attacking 10+ times in a row.

Message 3 of 10 (3,320 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

When I play this, the boss starts with 100% tm, he attacks 3 times, then my characters gain some tm and he attacks twice more. So it appears he is just getting a second turn before I get one. So it's not a bug in the number of attacks per turn. If you are not getting turns in, it is likely a speed issue on your end.

5 dot level 15 mods doesn't mean much by itself. What speed secondaries do you have? Do you have good sets and primaries?

Message 4 of 10 (3,306 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

I do appreciate the quick response. The boss does start with 100% TM, but in the video I recorded and posted in my first reply he attacks 6 times before any of my own squad start gaining TM.

FBS has a speed of 207 and carth is 210. HK is the slowest at around 150, other two in between. The boss often gets more than 3 attacks in before my turn meter starts. There are also times when my turn meter starts rising after 3 attacks. There are times when he gets more than 3 attacks in with me not gaining any turn meter mid battle. There is no consistency at all and no explanation for the mechanics in his description. Is the intent that this boss is so fast at times, he gets multiple turns before my characters with over 200 speed do? Is the inconsistency in the number of turns he gets, despite my own characters speed being the same strange? Maybe this is all intentional.

Either way, thanks for the discussion and looking at it.

Message 5 of 10 (3,296 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Your video is the size of a postage stamp, so I can't really look at it properly. If you upload it to youtube and post a link, it will be easier to analyze.

If no one gains any tm, that means it's all the same turn, and he is just using his up to 3 attacks. If you see your characters suddenly have more tm in between, that means he is on a new turn, as tm bars only update when someone takes a turn. Whether the boss is simply that fast or whether one of his abilities grants him tm, I cannot say.

My current speeds are 289 Bast, 226 HK, 178 Canderous, 208 Carth, 180 Juhani, and the borrowed Revan appears to be at 148 with no mods. I am able to beat this without too much sweat, though my characters are geared more than yours.

It may be prudent to gear everyone except Juhani more anyway, even with swapping mods, as not only do you face harder tiers ahead, but also there's a power gate to get Malak. DRevan has limited use without Malak so you will need to get those other four to g12 eventually anyway.

Message 6 of 10 (3,260 Views)

★ Novice

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=oTfjSkURkVQ

Try that link. If it’s just a matter of gearing up I will accept that without problem. It just really looks like the boss gets 6 attacks in prior to any turn meter being gained. Again I appreciate you looking at it.

Message 7 of 10 (3,253 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

So looking at that video, he starts with 100% tm and then begins his attack. His tm goes to 0, then after his AoE jumps back to almost 100 again, so I think his AoE grants him tm. Then he does his third attack, and after that his tm goes back to 0 and he attacks 3 more times. After that your characters gain some tm and he starts another round of attacks from taking his next full turn. At some point he gains tm during his turn yet again. It's hard to know since they don't show us his kit, but I'm guessing he gains 100% tm when an enemy is defeated or something of that nature.

From looking at where your tm bars are in between his natural turns and the speeds you listed, I'd say his speed is in the 290-300 range.

So with better gear and mods you should be able to overcome this, but I don't think it's bugged unless they come out and tell us he's not supposed to have tm gain abilities. 

Message 8 of 10 (3,240 Views)

★ Novice

Thanks, you are probably right and he is granted TM from some abilities or circumstances.

One more question: when I try to use the fear ability from FBS, it always has zero effect. He is immune to fear but I have seen on other videos that she is able to inflict several debuffs, but it never works for me. What I find a little odd is that it doesn’t even indicate he is resisting the effects with the “Resisted” pop up. Nothing happens at all. Is this due to him immunity to fear?

Message 9 of 10 (3,223 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

It should be because he is immune to Fear. The Feared enemy should only get debuffs if the Fear applies and expires. The debuffs go on right away on non-Feared enemies (ie, non-target).

There was a recent change/fix to Bastila. I believe she used to incorrectly apply the other debuffs, so if they are showing up on older videos, that is probably why.

Message 10 of 10 (3,215 Views)