by Jes2G

Original Post

School Performance Does Not Increase

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.65.70.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except Nifty Knitting, Realm of Magic, and My First Pet Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? There isn't much to do. Just over time, after consistently doing homework and school projects, students' grades don't improve like they should.
What happens when the bug occurs? Students' grades rarely rise above C despite doing homework daily and doing projects
What do you expect to see? Students' school performance should increase with daily homework, and when the performance meter gets to the excellent range, the grade should improve.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I rotate between a few saves, so I'm not exactly sure how long this has been going on. I'm tempted to say this happened before the July 2020 patch, but I have no direct evidence. In all the saves  with children and teens I play, they always do their homework and school projects yet they're all C students. I finally got one of them to a B, but as much work as they do (they also have the skill requirement fulfilled), they should all be A students by now as long as I've been playing them. The performance meter barely moves, causing them to always be in the average range.

About the saves, in case it's relevant, I play rotationally, so the students are not played consistently. Is the time I spend away from their households counting against them? Kinda like playable university students who don't progress unless they are played?

I know your first question is going to be have I tried this without mods, and the answer is currently no but I intend to test soon. I just wanted to get this written up and posted in case other people are experiencing this or someone knows what to do about it.

Message 1 of 4 (1,002 Views)

Re: School & Work Performance Stall or Decrease

Hero
@Jes2G Are these connected with each other or two different bugs you're reporting ?

If it's two, please create a second thread and edit this one to be just about one issue.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 4 (948 Views)

★ Guide

Sure, I can do that. I don't know if they are related, but splitting them sounds like a good idea.

Message 3 of 4 (908 Views)

Hero
@Jes2G Let me know how your test goes without mods.

Could be an issue of rotational game play though as well.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 4 (870 Views)