Scenarios auto-terminate when re-loading household

by rachelwolfe

Original Post

Scenarios auto-terminate when re-loading household

★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.88.228.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except Journey to Batuu, Bust the Dust, Throwback Fit, Modern Menswear, and Moonlight Chic.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Start a scenario, then save and exit the household. Do anything that causes the game to switch off of the scenario household you have in play (i.e. play a different household, edit a community lot in build mode, exit to the main menu and switch saves for a bit before returning to this one, quit the game and restart from manage worlds, etc.). Then go back and try to play your scenario household.
What happens when the bug occurs? As soon as you re-load your scenario family, you will get a message saying you have completed the scenario because "someone's missing." This will be true even if no one is missing and you have not changed the composition of the household at all, still perfectly meeting the demographic requirements of the scenario.
What do you expect to see? I expect to be able to start a scenario, leave to do other things in the game, and then switch back to my scenario household and be able to pick up playing the scenario where I left off rather than having the game automatically cancel my scenario.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I have run into this "someone's missing" bug with multiple different scenarios and multiple households. I came across a Reddit thread suggesting that this is somehow related to playing scenarios with households that have been downloaded off the gallery, in case that information helps you reproduce the bug. I wouldn't know personally, as I play exclusively with households downloaded off the gallery and never create my own sims from scratch, so I have no control data to back up or refute that claim.

Message 1 of 1 (198 Views)