Scarabs not dieing and are overpowering.

by Mastersofaking

Original Post

Re: Scarabs not dieing and are overpowering.

★★ Apprentice
Spoiler
They could be made less effective against air units
Spoiler

Message 11 of 16 (1,033 Views)

★★ Novice

Easiest way to find out that there's no balancing issue is by playing scarabs yourself. A good player will easily wreck a mediocre scarab player. If you can get into Tiberium league just using scarabs, then let us know again that it's unbalanced.

I usually throw missile squads at stationary scarabs, then control area with a shockwave. Any scarab on the move will lose to missile squads or shockwaves.

Message 12 of 16 (964 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Scarabs are ace! Sounds like you a newbie player, keep at it, and you'll learn how to battle more effectively.

Message 13 of 16 (883 Views)

★★★★ Pro

@bawb69 wrote:

Scarabs are ace!

Eh, I have seen rare cases where they were used well. Like e.g. holding the back pad of a map with three missile pads.

Scrabs are good for niche usage, but then the question becomes: Are they seriously better than whichever other unit you could use instead?

Message 14 of 16 (867 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@Player_ri0dvl9q They are well balanced.
Message 15 of 16 (713 Views)

Don’t use anything but 10 Tiberium units. Rifleman, militants, war dogs, or cyber wheels.  They are quite easy to beat if you only use those. If you do not have any in your deck, get rid of one of the tech units you have just for scarabs and scouting. You need to scout to stop a scarab attack and also so that you can see what your opponent is doing. 

If you see double harvesters, make preparations for tech units. If you see only 1 harvester, be prepared for him to use cheaper units like buggies and tanks and bikes. 

Watch this video below to see how simple rifleman take out scarabs. If I wouldn’t have opened the game with rifleman, he would have beaten me. 

https://youtu.be/K76_g_wXRx4

Message 16 of 16 (638 Views)