Re: Scarabs not dieing and are overpowering.

by Mastersofaking

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Scarabs not dieing and are overpowering.

★★★ Novice

Product: Command & Conquer: Rivals
Platform:Android Phone
List the specific devices you play with (e.g. iPhone 6s Plus, Samsung Galaxy S7) Samsung Galaxy S8+
OS Version Factory
What is your Player ID? Kain#mdgzwbwg
What type of issue do you have? Gameplay
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Summarize your bug Scarabs one shot all my units and I cant kill the them. It takes only one Scarab to kill my Tanks(GDI&NOD) even my Tick Tank, and they one shot my infantry and air units.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Reduce the health given to the scarabs and/or their damage. Increase their cost.
Connection Type Mobile
Please select your region North America
Country USA

I've played many matches against the people with Scarabs and I lose every time due to the fact they are so cheap to make and it only takes 1 of the 2 units to kill my vehicles, infantry, and air units.

The Scarab only costs 30 and you get two of them for that. A tick tank stationary that cost 80 is taken out by a 30, and that one 30 can take out two 80s

It's *.

Message 1 of 16 (3,576 Views)

Accepted Solution

EA Live QV Team

Hi @Mastersofaking,

This sounds more like balancing feedback and appears not to be a bug.

Feel free to post it in this thread: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Game-Information/Game-Balance-and-Matchmaking-We-want-your-feedback/td-p/6....

On a side-note, we are constantly monitoring the game balance and adjust it with balance updates.

View in thread

Message 2 of 16 (3,547 Views)

All Replies

EA Live QV Team

Hi @Mastersofaking,

This sounds more like balancing feedback and appears not to be a bug.

Feel free to post it in this thread: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Game-Information/Game-Balance-and-Matchmaking-We-want-your-feedback/td-p/6....

On a side-note, we are constantly monitoring the game balance and adjust it with balance updates.

Message 2 of 16 (3,548 Views)

★ Guide

There is no balancing issues....

Scarabs are easy to counter

Examples: Humvee, buggy, riflemen, shock troopers ,flame troopers banshees and my favorite one snipers.

Just lock them down if you running into them then you deserve to die.

Message 3 of 16 (3,512 Views)

★★★ Novice

Tried it all but the snipers because I don't have those. But when I posted this even my flame troops and shock troops where one shotted by them... got so pissed off about the * and stopped playing, but if you're saying they fixed that issue I might right coming back.

Message 4 of 16 (3,497 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Scrabs are still an issue. Their description says they can attack any ground unit, but they can also attack air units. Either the description needs to be updated, or the ability of the scrabs.

Message 5 of 16 (3,469 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Agreed, I just tried countering with shockwave, rockets, Rhino, and pitbulls and all got 1 shotted. Plus looking at the DPS of the scarab it’s listed as 800, and health 250. Even if they’ve been upgraded a bunch they should not be able to wipe out units with almost 3,000 health

Message 6 of 16 (3,345 Views)

EA Live QV Team

There are a couple of ways to counter Scarabs: One is killing them whilst they are moving (since they can't attack on the move) and two is to spam cheap units to let them die to them (since Scarabs sacrifice themselves when attacking).

In regards to health and DPS, level 9 Scarabs have 1.506,4 DPS per unit, meaning they are able to kill 3k health units with their double attack. Apart from that, they leave fire behind, which will slowly do damage as well and possibly kill any unit standing in it with little health left after the original attack.

Message 7 of 16 (3,311 Views)

★ Novice

Scarabs have destroyed this game for me. Why bother to create a level capped combat platform only to allow high level players to simply spam the battlefield with unassailable units. Yes I could spam the field with low level units but why should I be forced to gamble the opposition has scarabs, determine tactics accordingly before the game begins and lose if I guess wrong? How do I ‘pen them in’ if they’re on a platform? I just let them sit there until missile launches or fling units at them of any kind and they not only destroy x 2 but leave fire on the ground also? It’s a joke. My view is this is deliberate by EA because to reach scarab level (44?) these players buy their way up so they win (easy) and the level by ability players all lose. 

Message 8 of 16 (3,130 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hi @HappyLarrys,

Sorry to hear that scarabs are giving you such a hard time. While the low cost units (e.g. Riflemen or Militants) are the cheapest way to get rid of scarabs, they're not the only way. What units do you normally use?

Scarabs were moved to a higher player level because they are a unique unit and we wanted players to experience them after playing for a bit. 

Message 9 of 16 (3,115 Views)

★ Guide

With some effective scouting, a scarab can easily be removed. Also obelisks are an expensive way to clear scarabs... lost a match before trying to remove scarabs that have set up. Wish they can't target aircraft. Also deploying a strong-arm turret next to one guarantees its removal.

Message 10 of 16 (3,106 Views)