Scar temple escari boss glitch

★★ Newbie

Product: Anthem
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Please specify your platform model. Sony PlayStation 4 Pro
Please select your region North America
Were you on an Expedition when the issue occurred? Yes
What type of Expedition were you on when the issue occurred? Stronghold
What was the name of the Mission / Contract / Stronghold you were on? Temple of Scar
What was your chosen difficulty level? Grandmaster 1
What Javelin were you using when the issue occurred? Ranger
What was your Expedition team makeup? Random Freelancers
Where did this issue occur? Please include menu name or in game location. Boss fight with escari
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 10.04.19 1930 CST
Summarize your bug When respawning from being downed and not revived by teammates, I resplendent too far from the mission which prompts a “return to mission zone” warning and then immediately opens another loading screen as it moves my javelin closer to the fight (I suppose?) when I finally load the second time and I am not too far from the fight, my character is immediately hit with near fatal damage before I even have a chance to move. This makes this stronghold particularly annoying because not only do I have to deal with two loading screens because the set respawn point is “too far from the mission zone” but then when I do finally get loaded within the mission zone I almost immediately am downed again. This creates a cycle of constant loading screens which makes the level nearly unplayable.
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play temple of scar. Get downed and let your spawn timer complete and then respawn while the escari is still alive. You will be loaded at a spawn point that is too far from the mission area and you won’t have enough time to get closer before it kicks you into another loading screen to relocate you closer to the fight. When you finish the second loading screen and appear at the next spawn point, you are almost immediately hit with near fatal damage before you even step off the platform and then most times you get downed very shortly after because your shield and most of your armor are gone when you get hit by anything else. Then you repeat above until your teammates beat the boss or you rage quit.
What happens when the bug occurs? Respawns too far from mission zone prompting a relocation which sends player to another loading screen. Then when loaded into mission zone after second loading screen, player is hit with near fatal damage before ever stepping off the platform where they respawned at, then usually die shortly thereafter when hit with basically anything because they are at critical health
What should be happening instead? Respawn closer to fight, one loading screen, ability to leave platform before being downed again almost immediately

This poses a rather annoying cycle. It seems that the respawn point for the boss fight is too far from the mission zone and then when you finish the second loading screen and are close enough to the fight, you aren’t near any cover and are immediately hit with a homing attack with enough power to nearly down a level 30 ranger power level 630 in one blow. Then when you try to find cover you are hit again by basically anything and are downed again which then leads to another too far away respawn, a second loading screen and another spawn where you almost die immediately after loading in. Rinse and repeat until boss beaten or you rage quit 

Message 1 of 1 (57 Views)
Twitter Stream