Savefile gets corrupted with useless data

by blueybean

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Savefile gets corrupted with useless data

★★ Novice

As discussed here: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/791146/save-size-suddenly-bloating-post-here#latest

and as of 10-20-2014 there is a bug wich causes the savegame data to be bloated with useless data. Filesize increases to double or triple the amount previousely used for the same savegame file, like from 10Mb to 30Mb.

Examining the file with an editor like notepad+ shows a lot of entries that start with "buff_*" - for example: searching for the string "buff" in my previousely saved small savegame gave the word count of 44, after the corruption the count in the bloated file was 507250.

Several people report crashes on saving and out of memory problems, which seem related to that bug.

Message 1 of 3 (349 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Savefile gets corrupted with useless data

Hero

The forum thread is monitored by the Gurus so better to post all info there than here.

Don't clutter too much. It's better to have all info in one place.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 3 of 3 (361 Views)

All Replies

★★★★ Guide

Just posted in my other thread because crinrict asked...

My savefiles grew over time on almost 100Mb.

Message 2 of 3 (341 Views)

Hero

The forum thread is monitored by the Gurus so better to post all info there than here.

Don't clutter too much. It's better to have all info in one place.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 3 (362 Views)