Saved game will not load since June patch

by Shannon_Bell

Original Post

Saved game will not load since June patch

★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.136.1210
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I don't know how to answer that - sorry
What happens when the bug occurs? I cannot enter the main household/saved game. I can enter other households and invite the Sim over and interact with him, but I cannot enter his household either by selecting the saved game, going to Manage Worlds and changing game play to him, or travelling to his household. All other households and saved games are ok except for the main one. I get the following error code: The game failed to load. Error code: 111:1158ff53:752eld3. It is recommended that you relaunch the game. I have tried repairing Sims 4 by right clicking on it in Oregon, but the game still won't load.
What do you expect to see? I have hundreds of hours of gameplay on this household, as well as almost every collection completed, as well as many other achievements. I want to be able to play my saved game!
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The patch issued by Origin/EA on June 3.

I don't have any other information.

Message 1 of 11 (690 Views)

Re: Saved game will not load since June patch

Hero
@Shannon_Bell Try this (create a backup of your save before attempting)

1. Load the lot that's not loading in build mode
2. Upload the house to your library
3. Bulldoze the lot
4. Put the house back from the libary
5. Try to load

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 11 (673 Views)

★★★ Novice

How do I create a backup? Sorry, I've never had to do this before.

Also, if I upload the house to my library in build mode and bulldoze the lot and put the house back, will I lose everything in the household inventory, as I have hundreds of items in there. I also have a chest and a fridge with many items, will the contents of the chest and fridge be gone as well? I'd also like to know if the furniture etc in the house will stay in the house, or will it go into the household inventory and then I have to put everything back into each room?

Message 3 of 11 (659 Views)

Hero
@Shannon_Bell Put the stuff you have in the household inventory somewhere or sell it. Contents of fridges and houses should stay (not 100% sure)

Furniture will stay

To make a backup it's best to create a copy of the saves folders found in documents\electronicarts\the sims 4 to the desktop or some other place. You can ask use save as which will create a copy of your save

You can try uploading the house to the library, then download it to a new save game (or some other empty lot) and then go check what's there and what not before bulldozing the lot.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 11 (643 Views)

★★★ Novice

This hasn't worked. I want to be able to play this household, considering the amount of hours invested in it and the achievements and collections I've got. I want EA to fix this. How can I get this seen by them. I go to their site, I go to report a bug, and it directs me here to Answers HQ. How do I get EA looking at this? I can see so many people with the same problem as me not been able to acces saved households, but they are reporting different error codes. I can also see that EA fixed some error codes om June 4 and June 10.

Message 5 of 11 (590 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@Shannon_Bell Sorry, was just trying to help you.

For everyone else this workaround for 111 has helped.

Will forward

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 11 (569 Views)

★★ Novice

Sims 4 is crap. Once I installed the Sims 4 Discover University and the latest patch notes have been unable to load or save any games. It consistently comes up with an error message and crashes the game to the main menu. I also don't have any mods. I tried uninstalling the Sims 4 from scratch and re-installing it. Same problem! The technical help tells me its a known issue and there is no fix. I reverted back to Sims 3 in frustration.

Message 7 of 11 (538 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hi there,

You mentioned 3 weeks ago that you will forward this on. Has there been any outcome?

Message 8 of 11 (491 Views)

Hero
@Shannon_Bell and I did. Now it's up to EA to fix it and I don't work for them, hence I don't have any info on the status.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 11 (480 Views)

★★★ Novice

Thanks Standard smile

Is there any way I can contact them to find out the status?

Message 10 of 11 (466 Views)