by saphirii

Original Post

Save Lot to Library window flashes all icons and can't close

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
What is your current game version number? 1.85.203.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get to Work, Get Together, City Living, Cats and Dogs, Seasons, Island Living, Discover University, Eco Lifestyle, Snowy Escape, Outdoor Retreat, Spa Day, Dine Out, Vampires, Parenthood, Jungle Adventure, Realm of Magic, Dream Home Decorator, Cool Kitchen, Movie Hangout, Kids Room, Bowling Night, Laundry Day, My First Pet, Moschino, Tiny Living, Nifty Knitting, Holiday Celebration, Grim's Ghoulish Guitar
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? While in build mode, select the "Save to my Library->Save Lot" icon. More Info: I was building in the "Tidal Tower" lot in Britechester as the "University Housing" lot type. I had bulldozed the lot and was building new, no other traits on the lot or any cheats enabled. Not many items placed either. I was placing and undoing roofing on the third floor and clicking the above-mentioned icon often to view the build from another angle. Maybe every 10-30 seconds? All previous clicks loaded the gallery view fine, but maybe the 15th or so time it was glitched.
What happens when the bug occurs? I click the icon to save my lot to the gallery from build mode and the resulting gallery popup of the lot is wrong and will not close (game must be closed from task manager). It appears like the game doesn't recognize my lot AS A LOT. Instead, every icon possible shows up: In the upper left window which should be an image of my lot instead is blank and the hexagons for both lot traits and SIM TRAITS show up, including the challenges trophy and the sims gender icon, flicker rapildly onscreen. The comments tab is there despite not being posted to the gallery. The icons for mods/cc is also there despite none being used/enabled/or downloaded. In the bottom row is every icon for saving, hearting, downloading, and sharing to social media. This issue persists until the entire game is shut down.
What do you expect to see? The gallery popup from build mode should appear as normal and allow me to view my lot as a lot and save to my library.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I have attached a photo taken with my phone.

Message 1 of 4 (738 Views)

Re: Save Lot to Library window flickers any and all traits at once, refuses to c

[ Edited ]
Hero

@saphirii Did this happen more than once and can you reproduce if you try again ?

Video would def help.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 4 (693 Views)

Save Lot to Library window flashes all icons and can't close

★★★ Newbie

Now many months later, this weird glitch has happened a second time! This time on a different lot (Laurel Library in Britechester), but I was doing the same thing. Clicking the "Save Lot to Library" button, quickly closing the window afterwards, changing one item, and repeating that process over and over. Strangely enough, this time I could still interact with build/buy when the glitched window was up (I don't remember trying that the first time). I didn't dare try it for long though, I was worried about potentially corrupting something. But I did manage to save an actual screen recording this time!

I was able to exit to the game menu afterwards. Immediately reloading my save, I was unable to use the 'Save Lot to Library' option on any lot. After closing the Sims 4 completely, I was able to use that feature again. I intentionally tried several times to reproduce this glitch, but it didn't happen. 

Message 3 of 4 (567 Views)

Re: Save Lot to Library window flashes all icons and can't close

Hero
@saphirii weird one.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 4 (553 Views)