Re: Error code : 0

by SimQARobo

Original Post

The Sims 4 Error 0

★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Steam-PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Español
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.89.214.1030 (64 Bit)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Snowy escape, Cottage living, Discover university, Island Living, Get Famous, Seasons, Cats and dogs, city living, Get together, Get to work, Dream home decorator, Parenthood, Dine Out, Outdoor Retreat, Paranormal, Toddler, Little campers kit and Bloming Room Kit.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I really don't know, I've done everything.
What happens when the bug occurs? When I save the game I get a message saying: "The game failed to save. Error Code: 0"
What do you expect to see? To have a solution to be able to save my games.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Hi, nice to meet you. I recently bought The Sims 4 on Steam, I was excited to play and at the time of saving I get this announcement "The game failed to save. Error Code: 0" I have done everything, I tried "save as" nothing, uninstall and reinstall, check for corrupted files, start the game in administrator mode, nothing, delete what was in the cache and save folder, nothing, a friend advised me to delete the Origin folders in C:/User/Zlooldp/AppData/Local and C:/User/Zlooldp/AppData/Roaming, nothing, I went to manage households settings and uncheck "join a profession", still nothing. The last thing I know, is that they created a kind of modification to solve this problem but I can't find it because they say that with this new update this problem won't happen again. I'm really getting desperate, I haven't even tried an hour of the game and I can't save games. If you ask my computer has a good capacity to support the game (Ryzen 5 4600h, GTX 1650, a ssd of 250 and 1T storage, Windows 10).

I really don't know what else to do, my last option is to ask for a refund. I would appreciate if someone can help me. Thank you.

Sims-4-Error-Code-0-The-game-failed-to-save.png

Message 31 of 79 (976 Views)

Re: The Sims 4 Error 0

EA Sims Team

Hello @Zlooldp 

Would you be willing to share your affected save files?  If so, instructions are here:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 32 of 79 (878 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I just started having issues with error code 0 yesterday. Im on ps4

Message 33 of 79 (865 Views)

EA Sims Team

Hello @butterberry2728 

Would you be willing to share your affected save files?  If so, instructions are here:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 34 of 79 (850 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@SimQARobo I can try, I don’t always have access to a PC. I’ve noticed my auto save has been stuck in the same save since 6/26- it’s not updating at all. I’m assuming that’s where my error is coming from? I can save my game as long as it’s a new save slot, I cannot overwrite any saved game slots without the error code 0 message.
Message 35 of 79 (830 Views)

EA Sims Team

@butterberry2728 

I see.  How much free space do you have on your console?  This error might also indicate a lack of free space.

Message 36 of 79 (820 Views)

★★ Apprentice

No, I have plenty of space - I have 568 out of 872 GB. My PS4 blue screened and I started getting error 0 after that. As of yesterday I have started getting some blue screens while trying to use the resume game option as well. It will blue screen once so I will shut the machine off, try it again and it works. But my auto save is still stuck on a save from 6/26 and I cannot overwrite any files. Every time I save my game I have to save it in a new slot or I get the error 0 msg. 

Message 37 of 79 (784 Views)

Error Code 0

★★★★★ Newbie

Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Which language are you playing the game in? English
What is your current game version number? 1.60.25.2300 (60 Bits)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get Together , Cats & Dogs , Discover University , Eco Lifestyle , Movie Hangout , Laundry Day
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have an NPC call you and ask if they should change their career, say yes. Then try to sav your game and a error should pop up.
What happens when the bug occurs? My game will not save and all of my progress is forced to be lost.
What do you expect to see? I expect to see my sims be able to accept career change requests and still be able to save my game.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

My Sims Fiancé Catarina Lynx asked to change her career whilst in another household, I said yes. Later while trying to save my game "Error Code 0" popped up on my screen and made me not able to save. This has been happening a lot recently and I have tried everything to fix it. But I noticed whenever I get one of those calls it makes it impossible for me to save. Is it the call that's making me not be able to save?

Message 38 of 79 (797 Views)

sims 4 save error code 0

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Platform:Sony Playstation 4
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? version 1.63
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Vampires , Island Living , Cats & Dogs , Seasons , Star Wars Journey to Batuu , Toddler stuff , Kids room stuff , Get Together , Luxury Party stuff , Bowling Night stuff , My First Pet stuff , Caraval Streetwear kit.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Try and save the game.
What happens when the bug occurs? When you try and save the game a pop up box appears saying "the game failed to save. Error Code 0"
What do you expect to see? The game to save.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I understand that this problem has been marked as 'fixed' or 'solved' for a while now but I'm still experiencing the problem. I started to experience this problem around the 16th June (after the bug was fixed in the update version 1.57.2 released April 1st). I stopped playing the game for about a month due to not being able to save at all, waiting for other update hoping the fix for this bug would be contained within the next update as it was written into  the previously stated version. However I have had numerous game updates since and am still experiencing this bug more often than not.

None of the previous solutions suggested to work around the bug work for me and I am again unable to play the game without coming into contact with the bug.

Message 39 of 79 (724 Views)

Can't save

★★★ Newbie

Platform:PC
What is your current game version number? 1.912051020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Most
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I don't know
What happens when the bug occurs? My game won't save. Error code 0
What do you expect to see? I want my game to save.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I can't save my game. I just keep getting Error code 0.

Message 40 of 79 (691 Views)