Re: Santa Won't Leave

by Evilx3mpire

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] [S] Santa Won't Leave (doors locked)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? SP05:1.assets.live-sp05.154
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Discover University, Island Living, Get Famous, Seasons, City Living, Get Together, Get to Work, Outdoor Retreat, Spa Day, Dine Out, Parenthood, Strangerville, Laundry Day Stuff, Toddler Stuff, Backyard Stuff, Kids Room Stuff, Movie Hangout Stuff, Cool Kitchen Stuff, Perfect Patio Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have Santa come on Christmas.
What happens when the bug occurs? Santa won't leave. I have a fireplace in my backyard. He apparently came on Christmas and I didn't notice him standing out there until a day or two later. I thought maybe he was stuck because my doors were locked and I have a fence. I unlocked a door and called him over. He came in, sat at my island, and didn't move for a day. Asking him to leave and sending him home are not options when I click on him and look through all the pages of options. I went into Build Mode and moved the chair he was sitting on so he stood up. Then he just stood there for another day. So then I had my Sim go outside and call him over. Then he went across the street and called him over there to get him off my lot. I've saved, exited, and restarted and Santa is STILL standing across the street. He will move when called over and he'll talk to you if you talk to him but that's it.
What do you expect to see? Santa to leave and options to ask him to leave or send him home.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I play on a console so no screenshots.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title

Message 1 of 6 (3,220 Views)

Champion

@mklose3243, there are a couple of things you can try to un-stick Santa.  First, have your Sims travel to another lot together (like a park or museum, or gym) and then return (This will often fix glitches like stuck visitors).Standard smile

If that doesn't work you can try the same but invite Santa along to the park and then have just your household go home by clicking the house icon on their thumbnail portraits. Santa should not follow them home.Wink

Finally, you can use a cheat to reset Sims .  Bring up the cheat box by pressing Ctrl + Shift + C at the same time. 
Then in the cheat box type testingcheats on and press Enter (or you can type testingcheats true and press Enter; both will work!) 
Then Shift-Click on the Sim you want to reset (in your case Santa) and a pie menu will pop up.  Choose Reset Object (Debug) from the pie menu. 
(You can disable the cheat afterward by typing in the cheat box testingcheats off or testingcheats false and press Enter.) 

Please update us on what happens! Angel

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 2 of 6 (3,195 Views)

Hero
@mklose3243 Does this happen on every Holiday you plan where he comes over or was this a one time occurrence ?

Do you have similar issues with other NPCs not leaving ? It might have to do with the locked doors initially and the fireplace being out in the garden.

I would try make another holiday with him, unlock all doors and see what happens.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 6 (3,188 Views)

★ Apprentice
@mklose3243 I am DYING over Santa standing in your sims' backyard for two days 🤣🤣🤣
Message 4 of 6 (3,149 Views)

Hero
@mklose3243 Are you still having issues with this ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 6 (3,121 Views)

★★★ Guide

I had this issue on one lot. Can confirm that doors were locked. Hasn't happened on lots where doors are unlocked. Clement stayed in the garden dancing in swimsuit for some 4 days.

Message 6 of 6 (3,095 Views)