Sandstorm can't cross water!

by xrmiao4

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sandstorm can't cross water!

★★★★ Guide

Product: Command & Conquer: Rivals
Platform:Apple iPhone
List the specific devices you play with (e.g. iPhone 6s Plus, Samsung Galaxy S7) 7s plus
OS Version 12.1.2
What is your Player ID? nyarumi
What type of issue do you have? Gameplay
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Summarize your bug Sandstorm can't cross water!
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play Sandstorm on a map that has a water
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region North America
Country USA

If they can't cross water what's the point of being a hovercraft?

Message 1 of 6 (690 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sandstorm can't cross water!

EA Live QV Team

Hi @xrmiao4,

I've checked with the team and the behavior of the Sandstorm is indeed working as designed and intended.

At the moment we only distinguish between land and air units, but that might change in the future.

View in thread

Message 4 of 6 (630 Views)

All Replies

EA Live QV Team

Hi @xrmiao4 and thank you for reporting this.

I think this is working as intended since the Sandstorm is not an air unit. I check with the team to make sure and let you know.

Message 2 of 6 (650 Views)

★★★★ Guide

I think it will be more interesting if you distinguish air unit and amphibious unit (technically land target but can cross water)

Message 3 of 6 (638 Views)

EA Live QV Team

Hi @xrmiao4,

I've checked with the team and the behavior of the Sandstorm is indeed working as designed and intended.

At the moment we only distinguish between land and air units, but that might change in the future.

Message 4 of 6 (631 Views)

★★★★ Pro

Well, the description of the Sandstorm explicitly reads: "The AHV-8 Sandstorm is a GDI hover vehicle [...]".

Therefore it would make a lot of sense if it could cross water.

Message 5 of 6 (524 Views)

★★★ Guide

For that matter the APC and JJT's also should - by C&C standards.

To counter the amphibious mobility NOD had drill tanks, Subteraenean APC's, the Rockworm.  And I won't count Seth's commander special - it's a one time po-up - it adds no ongoig mobility to the unit.

You won't see water come into play until NOD has another unit to counter that mobility.

This game is pretty loose when it comes to how the units should really be, it's not really a game for the fans.

Message 6 of 6 (498 Views)