Sims not finishing a full day at work

by TabrisElfLover

Original Post

Re: Teen Work and Activity Bug

★★★★ Guide
@crinrict I see, thanks. I was just trying to make it clear that it's all the same bug. Not just after school activities, but part-time jobs, too.
Message 51 of 74 (975 Views)

Re: Teen Work and Activity Bug

EA Staff

Hello All,

If anyone of you are still encountering this (without mods), would you be willing to share your save file(s)?

If so, please send me a private message with a link to the file.

Instructions here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

Thanks!

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 52 of 74 (893 Views)

Re: [SYMPTOM] Sims come home from work/school early

★★ Novice

I am having this problem too. Travel with my teen sim to school, I get a notification saying my parent sim has gone to work. But when i come home with teen sim at 3pm the parent sim has come home too even though she should be there till 7pm and she doesn't get paid! This only happened when i started playing with High School Years.

Message 53 of 74 (830 Views)

Sims Won't Stay At Work

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.91.205.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Everything except for Journey to Batuu
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Someone from the played household will go to work. Then take one of the other members of the household to a different lot either by traveling or joining them at work or high school. Wait on the lot or travel back home with that person.
What happens when the bug occurs? When the controlled person travels back home, the person who WAS at work will appear at home much earlier than they should be and can't go back to work. If you travel to a lot, the person who is supposed to be at work, will sometimes appear on the lot also and can't go back to work.
What do you expect to see? Household member goes to work and stays at work, regardless if I travel with another household member and return home. The other person who was at work should stay at work unless I have them come home early manually or until they are finished with their shift.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. This problem happened after one of the patches after High School Years; not sure which patch.

Message 54 of 74 (761 Views)

Re: Sims Won't Stay At Work

★ Apprentice
@happymeadow I had a variation of this: Sofia was in Sulani, Elsa was at home. Sofia went to work, game automatically transported me back to the home lot to follow Elsa. Sofia was there and had left work early, making $3 for the day. My workaround is that I go to main menu, recover latest save that's a few minutes back, and have them go home an hour before work starts - doesn't happen for me if they go to work from home.
Message 55 of 74 (745 Views)

Re: Sims Won't Stay At Work

★★★★ Apprentice

This issue starts when they release the wants and fear patch. I suspect the frequent change phone color action breaks the work action after loading a save or traveling.

Message 56 of 74 (735 Views)

sims coming home from work & school

★★★ Newbie

Hi,

I play Sims 4 on PC and it's been happening to me a lot lately where my sims that are at work or school will come home from work or school early when I travel with a different sim. It even happened to me when I went into build mode while they were gone. It has also happened to me when I load back into the game while they were in the middle of work.

I was wondering if anyone else has been having this bug.

Thanks! 

Message 57 of 74 (701 Views)

Sims not finishing a full day at work

★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? Current Version
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Seasons, City Living, Island Living, Cats & Dogs, Snowy Escape, Get Together, Cottage Living, Highschool Days Dine Out, Vampires, Realm of Magic, Werewolves
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Travel with only one household sim while another household sim is at work and then return home.
What happens when the bug occurs? The sim that was at work suddenly returns home as if they skipped work or returned early, causing their performance to drop drastically because they're not completing a full day at work.
What do you expect to see? Sims staying at work even if I travel with another household sim or return home with the one sim.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I have discovered this bug is related to the excessive change phone color bug. The interaction of changing the phone color that happens every time you travel, causes Sims who are at work to otherwise return home just to do that interaction. I discovered it to be related to that after getting a mod that makes them stop doing the phone color change upon travel and my Sims stopped coming home from work until they were done for the day as is supposed to be intended.

Message 58 of 74 (712 Views)

Re: Sims not finishing a full day at work

★★★★ Novice

Which mod is that? I have the problem of sims not finishing their work schedule but only when I send a household member to a community lot and then he or she come back. The sim working doesn't show progress of his or her work schedule and then when I send sims to their homes, the working sim appear at home missing work schedules as if they leave early automatically and receive less salary.

Message 59 of 74 (681 Views)

Re: [SYMPTOM] Sims come home from work/school early

★★ Novice

This happens to me all the time. Every time I go into CAS and my sims are at school/work, everybody comes home when I exit CAS. This also happens when I travel with a sim or go to high school with them and bring them home. I think it's a loading screen issue. 

Message 60 of 74 (623 Views)