by rcnptrl

Original Post

SWGOH will not load and crashes phone

★★★ Newbie

Product: Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
Platform:Apple iPhone
What type of device are you experiencing the issue with? iphone XR
OS Version 15.4
Ally Code: (Find it here: http://bit.ly/AllyCode ) cannot even reach that screen
What type of issue do you have? Other
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Summarize your bug Game will not load. After updating the game and my iphone XR, the game will crash during the load screens and not reach the cantina screen. It also crashes my entire phone (with no other apps running). No error messages; a blank screen suddenly appears, then the apple logo. Frequently it will start a boot loop, with a crash followed by restart followed by crash, ends if I can time manual restart correctly.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? update an iphone XR to 15.4, try to open swgoh
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region North America
Country USA

Game will not load. After updating the game and my iphone XR, the game will crash during the load screens and not reach the cantina screen. It also crashes my entire phone (with no other apps running). No error messages; a blank screen suddenly appears, then the apple logo. Frequently it will start a boot loop, with a crash followed by restart followed by crash, ends if I can time manual restart correctly.

Message 1 of 5 (468 Views)

Re: SWGOH will not load and crashes phone

EA Live QV Team

Hi @rcnptrl 

Thank you for the report. Could you please try the following troubleshooting steps?

Message 2 of 5 (429 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Unfortunately, those steps do not help. After re-installing apps on the phone, the only app causing crashes is SWGOH. When SWGOH app crashes, it crashes the entire phone, creating a restart loop that is quite difficult to break. The app settled down yesterday, but today, the app crashed again, right after I loaded the new version of the app. A visit to the Apple Store revealed that the phone is fine, but they indicated that there is likely a problem in how SWGOH is interacting with 15.4 (the most recent iOS). The unusual thing is that the app causes the entire phone to crash, like a kernel panic.

Message 3 of 5 (351 Views)

★ Apprentice

Have you thought about getting rid of your iPhone???

Only joking...

The same happened to me a few times, but it was not a permanent issue after the most recent game update.  Do you have an alternative device you can try it on that is running an earlier iOS version?  This will require your SWGOH account to be FB linked or apple ID Linked I believe,  As I am not a huge iOS User, how new is 15.4?

Were there any other apps updated at the same time?  For example when I updated, the Android Web Service was also updated and I know this has caused issues in the past.

Can you share a Screen Record without sharing any personal information?  I agree, it is very unusual that it is causing your phone to crash, is it force restarting the device or does it just hang?

Good luck

Message 4 of 5 (329 Views)

★ Apprentice
@tiffer72 I've reached out to fellow guild mates on discord (2 guilds worth) and I can ask on another guild I have an alt and will see if anyone has experienced the same..
Message 5 of 5 (325 Views)