Re: SWGOH app stops audio player apps from playing

by xalurian

Original Post

Accepted Solution

SWGOH app stops audio player apps from playing

★★★ Novice

Product: Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
Platform:Android Phone
What type of device are you experiencing the issue with? Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
OS Version 11
Ally Code: (Find it here: http://bit.ly/AllyCode )
What type of issue do you have? Other
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Summarize your bug I used to be able to listen to Google Podcasts or Audible while playing SWGOH. Now, when I open SWGOH, those other apps stop playing. They don't shut down but they stop playing. If I switch to other apps the audio doesn't stop.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Start playing a podcast, open SWGOH even with game and music audio switched off, and it will stop whatever you're listening to.
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region North America
Country

I just noticed this issue today, but others report similar struggles going back a couple of days.

Message 1 of 62 (6,570 Views)

Accepted Solution

EA Live QV Team

Hi @Chaosphere_mk and thanks for the report.

The team are aware of this and are currently investigating it.

View in thread

Message 2 of 62 (6,533 Views)

All Replies

EA Live QV Team

Hi @Chaosphere_mk and thanks for the report.

The team are aware of this and are currently investigating it.

Message 2 of 62 (6,534 Views)

★ Guide

This feels like it was coded intentionally for SWGOH to take exclusive audio control? I don't like it, switch it back to how it was.

Message 3 of 62 (6,510 Views)

★★★ Novice
@WotY_72 He said earlier they are investigating it to get it fixed. I don't think it was intentional.
Message 4 of 62 (6,503 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I have this issue too. Glad to see they're looking into it.

The feature in android that controls this is called 'Audio Focus'.

Message 5 of 62 (6,454 Views)

★ Guide

They know, they are doing this on purpose. They tried it out on iOS devices a couple weeks ago, until everyone complained. It's not a coincidence that they're trying to shove it out on Android now. Encourage your whole guild to complain. 

Message 6 of 62 (6,435 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@Chaosphere_mk I've had the same problem.... podcasts won't play whilst on Android....
I first noticed when I tried Twitch 'picture in picture' and it wouldn't play....
... I hope this gets sorted soon.
Apparently there was a fix fir some other audio issue with calls, but the fix has caused all audio to just stop.
I hope it gets rolled back to what it was, as I didn't have any issues until the fix.
Message 7 of 62 (6,386 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

This is absolutely ridiculous. I play other audio all the time while playing SWGOH. Ever since the last client update, the audio straight up pauses. When you attempt to hit play again, the audio plays for half a second before pausing again. Please fix this. This is not creating a good experience.

Message 8 of 62 (6,343 Views)

★ Apprentice

Is there an ETA on a fix for this? There are multiple forum posts and reddit threads devoted to this issue. It seems a bit ridiculous that an entire portion of users are experiencing this issue. Plus, I can't imagine the amount of people that haven't posted about the problem.

Message 9 of 62 (6,264 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same issue. Widespread.

I'm sure the developers will figure it out. It has been too long without any communication on the issue, and I'm surprised it's not patched already, but they're people too. I hope whoever made the mistake doesn't get fired or something. Twould be sad.

But if it's part of EA's evil business plan, I shall rage also 

Message 10 of 62 (6,223 Views)