SW Squadrons Origin Launcher Error 2 (Unable to play post 4.0)

by Splinterfuzz

Original Post

Re: SW Squadrons Origin Launcher Error 2 (Unable to play post 4.0)

★★★★★ Newbie

Well as of New Years Day 2021 this problem still isn't fixed. Imagine my disappointment when my first vacation day in months happens and I attempt to play a game for an hour or so that I got for Christmas, and simply because I use Webroot as my AV, an AV I've never had a problem playing any other game under, I can't play it.

Great job EA, keep up the good work!

Message 11 of 25 (938 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Having the exact same issue. Haven't been able to play for weeks now. Frown

Message 12 of 25 (888 Views)

★★★ Novice

It's Jan 6th 2021 and still same issue.  Checked for updates and none detected.

Message 13 of 25 (852 Views)

★★★ Novice

I'm just curious if anyone have opened ticket with EA games?  I noticed it's not that simple through EA but I have the Origins app and did it through there.  Given this said, if we get enough tickets out there regarding this problem, maybe they'll act on it quicker?  Just a thought.

Message 14 of 25 (825 Views)

★★★ Novice

Ok Webroot fans...bad news.  After being on the phone with a support rep for 30 mins arguing why this is an issue, the rep reached out to their "tech consultant" and basically said I am out of luck and this is a Webroot issue.

I argued the point that this WAS working before November WITH Webroot....again same answer...we can't do anything about it.

Then I did my last hail mary to escalate this to a manager..they don't have a support manager.

Wth???

Oh...and you can forget about getting a refund because it's past 14 days of purchase....

Have anyone found a way around Webroot settings for this?

Have anyone tried reaching out to Webroot?

Message 15 of 25 (785 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hey people!!  Got some good news.  The game works now with Webroot.  How did I do it?  I called up Webroot support.  So they had to perform a work around their new "Genesis" statistics engine that prevented the game from launching and over protecting the PC.  After doing his magic, he got the game running and triple confirmed Webroot was still running as usual.

Please do reach out to them to get your game running again.  Unfortunately I didn't get a support ticket number to reference.  Frown

Message 16 of 25 (777 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Will give that a try. It just sucks that we're the ones who have to do the legwork. What's next, coding the game ourselves?lol I guess, if the game cost the regular $60 we wouldn't have this issue 🤔

Message 17 of 25 (756 Views)

★★★ Novice

I hear ya.  But after my discussion with Webroot, their product also had similar issues with Monster Hunter.

Message 18 of 25 (743 Views)

★★★ Novice

I too called webroot just now and they did not have a solution or workaround other than uninstalling webroot and trying that which they neither recommended nor do I prefer.  They are still trying to resolve the problem and had me send logs to their team.  I actually went to the point of shutting down webroot and malwarebytes and even then the game does not launch, I have a hard time believing there is no fault on EA's side in this and the problem is still persisting a month after they done screwed it up with the Xmas update.  For another note this is also a fresh system with a fresh install as I just replaced my MB and CPU, I installed the game on the C drive as well as I have plenty of space with the new 1tb m.2 for a C drive.  No excuses EA.

Message 19 of 25 (639 Views)

★★ Novice

9th of Feb now...HAs anyone had any further luck here?
I will not be removing Webroot from my system as it's pretty much the best AV out there!

I am interested in the Genesis engine fix mentioned before though - anymore there?

Message 20 of 25 (556 Views)