Re: SW Jedi Fallen Order - Random Frame Drops on PC

by adolphuswolfram

Original Post

SW Jedi Fallen Order - Random Frame Drops on PC

★★ Novice

Product: Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order
Platform:PC
Summarize your bug Game is frequently dropping frames randomly, even on medium settings on rig using Nvidia GeForce GTX 970. Most of the time frames stay around the 90fps mark. However, randomly even when just walking around doing nothing, frames will drop down to as low as 20fps.
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Test the game on a GTX 970 card. I am unsure of what is causing the random frame drops. I have tried to decrease and increase the graphics performance, but no matter if it is on lowest or highest settings, I get random frame drops.
What happens when the bug occurs? FPS drops randomly for a few seconds, then recovers going back to about 90 fps on highest settings.
What do you expect to see? Constant and steady framerate.

Thank you to the dev team for this amazing game. I just wish that it would not have the random frame drops.

Message 1 of 11 (11,324 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@WoolyManGaming I have this issue too, using the same graphics card. I used the nvidia tool to download the latest drivers which seemed to fix it somewhat, but it's near unplayable in the more open areas of the world due to the dropping fps. I have all my settings on medium, every fancy graphics thing turned off and the game is running in fullscreen (not windowed). I really wouldn't mind playing it with the worst graphics if it would stop the framerate issues, but it's not. So far I love this game when it's running as it's supposed to and I'd hate for this to ruin that experience.
Message 2 of 11 (11,217 Views)

★★ Novice

I'm getting severe FPS drops as well, it isn't just the 970 card.

I'm running on an RTX 2080 with 32gb RAM and i7-9700k, and the FPS is tanking down to the low 20's, sometimes hitting the frame-to-frame mark like a slideshow. Praying for a patch soon!

Message 3 of 11 (10,993 Views)

★ Novice

I'm getting the exact same issue, complete lack of performance no matter the graphic's settings for me, this was fixed for me after an update maybe a week ago but after the latest update it's back to the laggy stuttery mess

Message 4 of 11 (9,405 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have also been having this issue. The frame drop seems to be associated with my graphics card. When the frame drops occur I can see a decrease on my graphics card load when monitored with CAM.

Message 5 of 11 (9,244 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@Saltheron same here
Message 6 of 11 (7,785 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@WoolyManGaming Same here. Running RTX 2060, 16gb RAM and i7-9700k
Message 7 of 11 (7,613 Views)

★ Novice

Same here. Using a 1070. Lots of stuttering and frame drop. Is there a fix yet?

Message 8 of 11 (6,596 Views)

★ Novice

Major fps drops for me, makes it unplayable. On a 2070 super, 16Gb ram and i5 6600k @4.2GHz. No idea why this is happening.

Message 9 of 11 (4,626 Views)

★★★ Novice

Same issues here, especially on Kashyyyk.

2080 Super, 32GB RAM, i7 8700K at 3.7GHz.

Message 10 of 11 (3,781 Views)