by SqueamishNerd

Original Post

[SW] [GF] Fame gone after journey to Batuu

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Deutsch
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 166.139.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Let family members with celebrity status travel to Batuu or stay at home while other members travel.
What happens when the bug occurs? I was playing a couple with celebrity status, the man on level 1, the woman on level 2. I sent the man to Batuu alone and noticed immediately that his fame had completely gone after the arrival. When he returned to Del Sol Valley, his fame didn't restore and his wife's fame was gone as well. Both have lost all rewards and weaknesses but have 1 fame point left.
What do you expect to see? I expect the fame to stay or to restore after returning from Batuu.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. After installing JTB

I don't know if this is a one time glitch in my game or a design flaw of JTB. What experiences have other players made with celebrities in Batuu?

EDIT: I started a new save and sent Judith Ward to Batuu. This time I couldn' duplicate this, her fame stayed.

Message 1 of 5 (1,165 Views)

Re: [SW] [GF] Fame gone after journey to Batuu

Champion
@alanmichael1 doesn't Judith have the reward trait from being a top actor or something that means her fame never decays?

I don't think it's a bug that fame decays while on a vacation.
Message 2 of 5 (1,132 Views)

Hero
@alanmichael1 Tested this with my Sims and they both kept their fame.

It does increase/decrease while you're there but it shouldn't just vanish.

Waiting to see if others have issues with this.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 5 (1,129 Views)

★★★★ Pro

Thanks for testing, I will keep an eye on this.

Message 4 of 5 (1,126 Views)

★★★★ Pro

I have this problem too, kind of I guess. I only have one save file where I've sent a sim to Batuu, and in that save file sims fame swings between full and empty super fast. It doesn't happen every time and not for every sim, but for example I have a household with 8 famous sims and about 3 of those sims have this problem, it's not the same ~3 sims every time, it varies between them, if I reboot the game it changes which ~3 sims have this problem. Also, when this happens, the text doesn't say "Berömmelse" ("Fame") over the fame meter, it says "Life state", yes, it says "Life state" in English even though my game is in Swedish.

I haven't had this problem in any other save files, only the one where one of my sims went to Batuu, and it started after the sim came home from Batuu. The sim who went to Batuu isn't in the same household as any of the famous sims.

Message 5 of 5 (936 Views)