Original Post

Highlighted

[SV] Medals in inventory no longer owned after moving

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.70.84.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All packs
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? move housemember to a different house with medals in inventory
What happens when the bug occurs? Medals no longer owned after moving
What do you expect to see? To be able to put the medals in the display case
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I had a couple get married, she is military and had earned some medals due to promotions. I left them in her inventory, as she lived with others and planned on moving her. When she married, and they moved in together. She somehow no longer owns her medals. I cannot drag them into the display case, the only option I get is to put in world. If I put in world, she cannot pick them up. Says she does not own this item, tried with her husband as well, and he does not own this item either.
Tried doing it through build mode, drag the medal to the display case, but that does not work either. Is there a fix to this?

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Added Base Game Version Number

Message 1 of 3 (946 Views)

Re: Medals in inventory no longer owned after moving

★ Novice

I was able to find a solution, thought it was a hassle. I had to get a member from the previous household to visit, after placing the medals on the floor. Then have this household member pick them up, and then gift them to her. Should be an easier solution than this. Right?

Message 2 of 3 (944 Views)

Medals no longer belong to Sim after joining new household

★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.72.28.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Seasons, Cats and Dogs, City Living, Get to Work, Strangerville, Parenthood, Spa Day, My First Pet, Laundry Day, Toddler, Vintage Glamour, Backyard, Kids Room
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 1) Have a Sim in the military career get a bunch of medals 2) Keep the medals in their inventory 3) Have another Sim "Ask to Join Household" 4) Join Household, SELL existing furniture with the house 5) Go to new house. 6) Try to place the medals 7) Notice that you can't drag the medals out of inventory 8) Click "Place in World" 9) Notice that you can't re-add to inventory because "Item is not owned by Sim" 10) Split Sim from household ensuring to transfer enough money so they can buy their old house 11) Buy their old house and move in 12) Notice that you can now place the medals and also when they're in the world they belong to the Sim.
What happens when the bug occurs? When joining a sim to a new household Sims they no longer own any medals in their inventory. If the Sim themselves chooses to move households and sell furnishings, then it works normally.
What do you expect to see? I expect sims to own the stuff in their inventory regardless of whether or not they've joined another household.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Attached is a photo of her trying to add it to inventory after moving to the new house, and when it works when she's at the original house.

Message 3 of 3 (817 Views)