by OWOtoasty420

Original Post

SUPPLY CRATE BUGS IN GAME

★★★ Newbie

Product: Apex Legends
Platform:PC
Please specify your platform model. PC
AMD or Nvidia Model Number amd ryzen 7 2700x CPU. nvidia RTX 2070 GPU
Enter RAM memory size in GB 32 GB corsair vengeance rgb pro 32 GB (4x8 GB)
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? OWOtoasty420
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible. N/A
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)? any/all
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)? any/all
Where did the issue occur? In a match
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. doesnt really matter where you are, just make sure the supply crate has nothing behind it.
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. mid match, running around kings canyon like a madman
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? Yes
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? one. can emulate anytime VERY EASILY
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) so many times! sorry im not acurate with dates respawn. ILY <3
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
How severe is your issue? Major impacts to gameplay
What happens when the bug occurs? D.I.Y. octane JUMP PAD supply crates?! NANI?!?!?!
What should be happening instead? NORMAL supply crates?
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? punch the hecking frick out of a supply crate that fits description, lots but not EVERY ONE.

MAN I DIDNT WANNA TELL YOU GUYS ABOUT THIS, BUT HONESTY IS NEEDED. ITS FUN. but also not really intended im sure. so here goes.

find a supply crate on the map. the easiest ones i can recommend with this will be in attatched screenshot circled on map, HOWEVER this will work with ANY supply crate, with NOTHING blocking the backside of the box. for instance. the singular crate @ the small radar dish building set south of market (on the map from a locked cardinal direction? fixed map. trying my best to explain) but the crate there has a wall behind it. the box opens with the "back" facing the structure.YOU CANNOT DO IT WITH A CRATE with an obstruction behind the crate. (ill attatch images. again trying my best) but find one that opens with nothing on it or behind it. (for instance the crates @ the small "office"type area just east of repulsor((see image))). either the crate on the roof there or any on the side will work to achieve this bug. punch the living heck out of the supply crate when you open it. (i find crouching and getting inside the crates opening helps alot. keep punching. punch for days.  then climb on the box and just hit space to jump. the box LAUNCHES you, the more you melee it the more it "charges"

IT DOESNT RESET. it holds its charge.

see where this is going? really far movements at the drop of a dime, kinda unfair positioning if you abuse it. fast relocation. just unfair, fun, but unfair overall.

man i wish it wasnt like this. but as the bold said, honesty.

hopefully i did my good deed for the day with this one as i hadnt seen it in the bug notes forums yet.

P.S. atatched screens kinda try to help explain this all best.

the first attatched screen is the areas of mention circled on the map as detailed above.

the second one is they type of crate that works. IE NOTHING BEHIND IT

third image is example of one that just wont work.

hopefully this helps make the game smoother and more what we all see its great potential to be!

here for the ride with you respawn games

much love

one love

OWOtoasty

Message 1 of 2 (393 Views)

Re: SUPPLY CRATE BUGS IN GAME

★★★ Newbie
also it was WEST of repulsor my bad.
Message 2 of 2 (391 Views)