STUCK AT A 98 Instead of a 99

by Warren67011

Original Post

STUCK AT A 98 Instead of a 99

★★★ Newbie

Product: NBA LIVE 19
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Which version? Full Game
Which feature / component / location in game are you experiencing issues with? The One League
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Get me to a 99 instead of a 98
What happens when the bug occurs? I'm stuck at a 98
What should be happening instead? I should be a 99
How severe is the bug? B - Major

I'M STUCK AT A 98 OVR WITH ALL MAXED OUT ATTRIBUTES HOW CAN I GET TO A 99

Message 1 of 12 (12,125 Views)

Re: STUCK AT A 98 Instead of a 99

★★★ Newbie

I am also having this problem too please fix it EA im on Xbox

Message 2 of 12 (11,878 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am having the same issue. What kind of player do you have? 

Message 3 of 12 (11,635 Views)

★ Novice

Slasher Pg and I’m level 100 too

Message 4 of 12 (11,626 Views)

★ Novice
I maxed everything too and I'm at 97. The only thing I haven't maxed is my other icon but I don't think you need to.
Message 5 of 12 (11,588 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Every build can hit 99 overall. Though there are two bugs that result in a visual glitch displaying you as a lower overall. Players created in the demo visually cap out at 98. Also if you have ever used your skill points in a Live Run lobby, it will glitch out your overall. This was posted on Reddit/live...

I'm a Rim Protector with Evolution icon which I created back on demo on August 2018 then it got ported over to full game in September and since getting all the skills and icon full player at 100 in edit player my overall in a game lobby is showing as 98, not 99. I don't think 100 is available I think max is 99 in a lobby.

This has happened to me on PS4 by creating a player on demo and carring it over to full game now I'm displayed as 98 not 99 even though my player is maxed out level 100.

Please EA fix this or at least address it for future NBA Live 2020...

Thank You for Your Attention...

Message 6 of 12 (11,572 Views)

★★★ Newbie
So if we created our player in the demo and have maxed everything out but are still at 98 you're saying there's no fix?
Message 7 of 12 (11,392 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

https://www.reddit.com/r/NBAlive/comments/aqcslt/99_overall/

Three things might affect this.

1. Creating a player in demo and continuing with it into final released game. 

Actually, it happens due to editing in lobbies etc. Always edit in edit menu.

I heard this can happen at certain height/weight combinations- physical stats are stats too, and the way you skew them may make a difference.

4. Upgrade skills first then work on your icon path not both at the same time.

Regardless if your xp is at 100 your at your best. Your overall in lobby might say 98 instead of 99 but your maxed. I would suggest to fast forward and create another player starting at level 50 xp and make a new character.

https://www.reddit.com/r/NBAlive/comments/b7dmt0/playin_a_hella_lot_better_with_low_rated_custom/

Some are saying there other characters at lower level are playing better than their 1st 99 player.

Until EA addresses this your stuck like me. I will have to decide if there is a nba live 2020 to keep my demo player or just a new player with the same build or change it up a bit next time to avoid any such bugs. Sorry m8 but, we are in the same boat but, it's just 1 point your, still at 100 xp.

https://www.reddit.com/r/NBAlive/search?q=Level%20100

Message 8 of 12 (11,381 Views)

★★★ Newbie

You do

Message 9 of 12 (11,324 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

If you have not done your 2nd icon in the character that has a 98 you can switch to other Icon and level it up and can reach level 99.

I had done Evolution back in demo and only played with him. I recently switched to do the Mountain icon with same character rim protector and after applying the extra skill points which I had 13 I made him a 99. I was left with 2 sp which should have gotten applied to my evolution and that's why it got glitched from demo because once you reach level 100 xp and become a 99 overall you should have no skill points left because your maxed.

You can also create a new character and skip the rise, fast forward to level 50 and try again that way. This video shows you how to skip rise after creating player...

https://youtu.be/kr2QzcaiQxk

Message 10 of 12 (11,120 Views)