STS Staircase disappearing columns/can’t place against wall

by Purplepeony11

Original Post

STS Staircase disappearing columns/can’t place against wall

★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims Mobile
Platform:Apple iPad
List the specific devices you play with (e.g. iPhone 6s Plus, Samsung Galaxy S7) iPad Pro
OS Version 14.5.1
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 1. Columns on top of Soaring Ceiling Style Stairs (new STS grand prize) disappears when placed. It’s visible when first placing the stairs from inventory but disappears whenever I’m at the lot afterwards once the stairs is placed on the lot. Nothing I do can bring it back except putting the stairs back in inventory and placing it again, but it’ll be gone the next time (Picture 1&2) 2. Soaring Ceiling Style Stairs cannot be placed up against a wall. All other stairs can be placed against a wall but not this one, not sure if this is a bug or if it’s intentional. (Picture 3)
What do you expect to see? 1. Columns to be visible at all times 2. Ability to place stairs up against one wall, like all other stairs
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region Asia
Country

The new STS grand prize staircase has a few problems. The square columns on top keep disappearing and I cant place the stairs against one wall (not sure if this was intentional but would really appreciate being able to put these stairs against a wall).

Message 1 of 5 (752 Views)

Re: STS Staircase disappearing columns/can’t place against wall

Hero
@Purplepeony11 Hi, strange issue the disappearing columns. I just got the stairs, but didn’t notice this issue in my game (yet). Does it happen in every lot/ every floor? Is it possible that some other item placed near the stairs is causing it? 🤔

I couldn’t place the stairs next to the walls. We have a similar staircase from an earlier event and I think those stairs can be placed next to walls without issues.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 2 of 5 (692 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Hi Ilois4, thanks for your reply. I’ve tried placing the staircase on two lots (home lot and Landgraab) and it happens with both. Have also tried placing the stairs in new rooms with nothing nearby and it still happens. No idea what’s wrong at this point.

Yes I have those older stairs too, in fact I was hoping to replace them with these new stairs since it doesn’t have that bright red carpet. Shame it couldn’t go against walls though Frown

Message 3 of 5 (682 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@Purplepeony11 At least the placement issue should be easily fixed. 🤞 

Now I see it in my game: the columns disappeared. Is your lower room smaller and the stairs attached to the wall? D5E6D8AC-6A60-4DC8-B6B8-1F685B69FF22.jpeg

A1661BE6-CF81-4C2E-8BEA-E3616D070BB2.jpeg

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 4 of 5 (667 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@Ilois4 Fingers crossed on the placement issue too, really hope it happens. Guess I’ll have to redo my entire floorplan in the meanwhile 😩

But yes about the columns! I’ll try bigger lower rooms, thank you so much 😊

Message 5 of 5 (638 Views)