[FIXED] [STEAM] [MCK] Two assets just show as question marks

by asimlishdane

Original Post

Re: moonlight chic kit bottoms are glitching

★★★ Newbie

Hey there, I’m having the same issue, but I dont understand your workaround. Could you so kindly explain it in a bit more details? Im playing through steam. 

Message 21 of 54 (922 Views)

Outfits from kits not working

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Steam-PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.90.375.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except Batuu, and Bust the Dust kit.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Get a female in CAS then select party. Filter to kits and there are 2 pants that don't have a texture or something.
What happens when the bug occurs? It makes the sim's legs invisible and has error red and white squares all over the rest of the sim.
What do you expect to see? I try to select some pants for an outfit, but the sim loses all textures I expect to see a pair of pants on my sim
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

They are both from the Moonlight Chic kit. I have no clue if there are any more in other categories. 

Message 22 of 54 (918 Views)

Re: Outfits from kits not working

★★ Guide
@Icedterror751601 Have you tried repairing your game?
Message 23 of 54 (884 Views)

Re: Outfits from kits not working

Hero
@Icedterror751601 I merged your post with the main thread on this.

Seems to be a Steam issue.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 24 of 54 (873 Views)

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number?  1.90.375.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansion packs, almost all game packs (excluding Outdoor Retreat, My Wedding Stories and Werewolves), All stuff packs and majority of kits (excluding bust the dust, modern menswear and fashion street kit).
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? By selecting the two trousers/bottoms in question within CAS with the kits filter on under female clothing.
What happens when the bug occurs? Red and White chequered missing texture, also making parts of the sim invisible. 
What do you expect to see? The two trousers in question and the sims as normal.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? I have removed all mods and custom content prior to reinstalling the game and the error still occurs.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Unsure as I purchased the kit 3 days ago (9 August 2022)

Notes:
I'm having the same issue, I purchased the kit from Steam 3 days ago and have been trying to find a solution. I tried out nuttynatsu's workaround word-for-word but unfortunately it doesn't work for me. I have removed all mods, custom content, made sure all files in program files and my documents were deleted prior to reinstalling and it still doesn't work. 

Message 25 of 54 (828 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I also tried to repair my game through steam several times now but also didn’t work for me, sadly

Message 26 of 54 (782 Views)

Re: [STEAM] [MCK] Two assets just show as question marks

Community Manager (retired)

Can anyone experiencing this issue possibly share a save file where you've seen it occur? Thanks so much!

Instructions for sharing files: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Tea...

You can DM me the link to your files (note that I may not always respond) or you can upload them via this Google Form: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfmGBSvKURn9Ew6FLZDXs3cgAjYUGgkqMWbpvehGHmK4CX_ow/viewform

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 27 of 54 (725 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I have submitted the bug report via Google form.

Message 28 of 54 (676 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

I'm seeing this as well, on Steam.

Repair doesn't fix it.

It's a couple pairs of pants from the Moonlight Chic pack that i noticed, might be more as well I haven't found.

TL;DR: some of the items I have paid for now don't function at all, please fix.

Message 29 of 54 (647 Views)

Moonlight Chic Kit two Pants BROKEN

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.91.205.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all of except first fits kit
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? while she's wearing that outfit
What happens when the bug occurs? When I click on that Outfit, it breaks. Question marks appear on the sims.
What do you expect to see? to see outfits
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I repaired but it didn't fix 

EDİT: It was fixed when I downloaded Origin and matched the game 

Message 30 of 54 (619 Views)