[FIXED] [STEAM] [MCK] Two assets just show as question marks

by asimlishdane

Original Post

Re: Glitchy CAS assets

★ Apprentice

I have not bought the High School expansion yet. I have packs installed through both Origin and Steam and own all packs except for the High School one. Don't know if that information helps. 

Message 11 of 54 (1,090 Views)

Hero
@asimlishdane We've only talked about the icons. Can you equip the assets on a Sim or does that not work ? If you can, can you add a pic of what it looks like ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 12 of 54 (1,085 Views)

★ Apprentice

They are unfortunately also glitched while on the sims. I have added screenshots for both assets and it appears to be all swatches.

Message 13 of 54 (1,073 Views)

Hero
@asimlishdane I don't have any other suggestions at the moment.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 14 of 54 (1,069 Views)

★ Apprentice

No worries. Thank you for your help and patience.

Message 15 of 54 (1,057 Views)

moonlight chic kit bottoms are glitching

★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Deutsch
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.90.358.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all of them except luxury party stuff, spooky stuff, werewolfs, wedding stories, journey to batuu and high school years
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? enter cas and select the bottoms category for female frame, there will be two glitched assets from the moonlight chic kit
What happens when the bug occurs? the preview images are visibly glitched, when selecting the previews the glitch applies to the sims body (the glitch is also visible in live mode)
What do you expect to see? i expect to see the assets that are supposed to come with the moonlight chic kit
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. it happened after the 1.90.358.1030 version patch (pre high school years release patch)

thank you

Message 16 of 54 (1,049 Views)

Re: moonlight chic kit bottoms are glitching

Hero
@schwarnoo Are you using the origin or steam version ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 17 of 54 (1,038 Views)

★★ Apprentice

i am using the steam version

Message 18 of 54 (1,032 Views)

Hero
@schwarnoo Thanks for confirming. Might be another steam issue then.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 19 of 54 (1,028 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Steam-PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.90.358.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansion, game packs, stuff packs and kits.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Just selecting the two trousers in question within CAS.
What happens when the bug occurs? Red and White chequered missing texture
What do you expect to see? The trousers in question
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I'm also experiencing this issue and using the steam version (I have all sims 4 expansions, game packs, stuff packs and kits). Doing a verify via both steam and origin, just restores the thumbnails, and not the textures themselves. It's as if Steam version is missing those 2. Added screenclips of trousers in question, all swatches are missing.

Added a screen clip of what the folder contents are in Steam/steamapps/common/The Sims 4/SP32

EDIT - After a second reinstall (made sure to delete any remaining files after uninstall), I opened the game, closed it without entering CAS, opened Origin, let that update a few of the packs/kits. Entered the game and the trousers in question now are working as expected. I'll leave these replies and the screenshots for reference anyway

Message 20 of 54 (991 Views)