[FIXED] [STEAM] HSY missing String files

by Arthur Gibraltar

Original Post

Re: Text Strings Missing for HS Expansion Pack

@Galedoes now that the string file appeared, maybe changing the language to another one and back to the one you play could fix it. Or doing the full repair/validation.
Message 71 of 96 (640 Views)

Re: High School Years Build&Buy, Social Bunny, and Saving Game bugs

Hero
@nanceles I merged your post with the missing string issue for Steam. Please read the answers given be EA.

For save error 0, please post here and provide your save: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Save-Error-0-Patch-1-86-166/td-p/11414169

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 72 of 96 (617 Views)

Re: Entire High School Years Expansion Missing Text

Hero
@AlsoInWhite I merged your post with the main thread then.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 73 of 96 (615 Views)

Re: High School Years items show **DEBUG**

★★★ Newbie

Wil try. Have the same debug and not showing names via Steam update.

reinstalled twice hope this works

Message 74 of 96 (605 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have an issue with the pack since installing it. I installed it with origin on my PC. I have no other issues expect that I can't go to school with my sims. That is a major part in the pack so I'm very confused. Everything else works perfectly but my sims just go into rabbit holes like they used to. But I obviously want to go with them to school. How can I fix this?

Message 75 of 96 (591 Views)

★★★ Novice
@Arthur Gibraltar thank you for the idea, it worked!! I changed the language to spanish, opened the game (copperdale was still missing text) and changed it back to english and now I the neighborhoods have their descriptions, I can see the requirements for the new lots and the items have their proper names and descriptions. The lot names are still missing, but I can live with that.
Message 76 of 96 (545 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@melissola so I found a way for me. I deleted all my mods and it worked all of the sudden. Only mods and not CC like make up or stuff like that
Message 77 of 96 (536 Views)

★★★ Novice

This morning when I started my computer and Steam finished loading I found that the Strings_ENG_US was now in my EP12 directory.

In Steam I ran the 'Verify Integrity' tool and everything came up as correct.

I had backed up my save files yesterday to troubleshoot with a clean install, so I loaded the game today with a test game I created yesterday. All the neighborhood descriptions were there - yay! But still no lot names.

So! I restored my save files and BEST NEWS: My saved games now have neighborhood descriptions, lot names and descriptions, proper names for all the new households AND all the new items have full names and descriptions!

Tested with a new game. Everything is perfect!

Suggestion for anyone with text issues still: Restoring a game from backup seemed to restore all the text that was broken yesterday. 

• Perhaps backing up your saved game, doing a clean reinstall, and restoring your backups might correct any remaining issues. 

Hope this helps!

Message 78 of 96 (508 Views)

Re: [STEAM] HSY missing String files

★★★ Novice

Hi! 

I've followed all the suggestions I've seen posted in this thread and I'm still having the same issue. Here's what I've tried so far: 

-removing all mods and cc

-repairing the game in Steam

-changing the languages several times

-a full uninstall and reinstall 

-repairing and launching from Origin instead of Steam

The proper String file is in the EP12 folder and I've tried repairing, reinstalling, etc. and nothing seems to help. There's still no text for the entire new pack which obviously means it's unplayable. Is anyone else still having the same issue? Does anyone have any further suggestions? 

Message 79 of 96 (446 Views)

Re: [STEAM] HSY missing String files

EA Sims Team

Hello @xoxogossiphobbit 

- What language is Steam in?

- What language is Origin in?

- What language are you attempting to run the game in? 

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 80 of 96 (417 Views)