[SOLVED] Random game crashing to desktop

by panzamatik

Original Post

Re: Random game crashing to desktop

★★ Novice
Still crashing... I have done everything I can. I am just done playing Anthem until the developer has an actual update.
Message 11 of 18 (810 Views)

★★ Guide

@DPedestrian wrote:
Still crashing... I have done everything I can. I am just done playing Anthem until the developer has an actual update.

Damn..

Do you run the game with your gpu overclocked? I know some games dislike this although it seemed fine with my overclock..

Message 12 of 18 (780 Views)

★★ Novice

I have set everything to stock rates, updated BIOS to current etc.  I am completely done even attempting to play this game until there is an update.  It has sucked the fun right out.  Again, no other game or benchmark causes any form of crash.  Anthem is the only thing that falls on its face.

ASUS Prime X370-Pro

AMD Ryzen 7 1800x Stock Rates (Liquid Cooled)

ASUS ROG Strix NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 (lastest drivers)

Corsair CMR32GX4M4C3466C16 (NOT DOCP or Overclocked still crashes)

Latest BIOS and AMD Chipset driver as of this month.

Windows 10 (1809 Build 17763.503) latest updates

Message 13 of 18 (734 Views)

★ Guide

Updated with dxdiag report.

Still crashing, sometimes more sometimes less

Message 14 of 18 (702 Views)

★★ Novice

Still the same for me, I keep adding crash dumps to my case with EA help.  Still no legitimate info from EA regarding if they are working on a fix or if a workaround is available.  I have tried on other platforms now and have no issue on XBOne or PS4.  I just have crashes like crazy on PC.  I could try another CPU/GPU combo, but none of my other systems are as robust and would suffer from performance issues.  I would prefer a fix from BW/EA.  I am obviously just moving on and playing other games until there is a real update, but this is killing the community that plays on PC using AMD Ryzen CPU with NVIDIA GPU.  It seems that Intel doesn't suffer this issue based on conversations I have had.

Message 15 of 18 (679 Views)

★★ Guide

@DPedestrian wrote:

this is killing the community that plays on PC using AMD Ryzen CPU with NVIDIA GPU.  It seems that Intel doesn't suffer this issue based on conversations I have had.

My stats are:

AMD 2700X 

EVGA 2080 TI XC Ultra

16GB G-Skill 3200MHz 

ASUS X470 Crosshair 7 Hero

860 Pro Samsung SSD 500GB

1TB Barracuda

Bequiet SP11 750W PSU

I don't bother overclocking as the system is fast enough but neither do I get Anthem CTD. I play everyday and game runs without fault apart from the various bugs but luckily i don't see many of them either.

Have you checked your temps whilst playing Anthem? I mention this because often temps can be way higher when gaming as opposed to basic stress testing. 

Message 16 of 18 (667 Views)

Re: [SOLVED] Random game crashing to desktop

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

The bug(s) has been fixed with 1.2.0 update.
Over 3h playing flawless, I guess it is solved

Update 2019-06-01: after few more hours I can confirm the bug is fixed, thank you!

Message 17 of 18 (3,848 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Exact same issue, and the game is on the latest version, game randomly crashes to dekstop without a error or a warning

Message 18 of 18 (519 Views)