Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [SE] Travelling to Festival causes World to reload

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.75.125.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? The bug occurs when trying to travel to the Snow Festival
What happens when the bug occurs? I will click to travel to the festival (the Snow Festival in this instance, I'm not sure if occurs when traveling to the others yet.) and then I have tried inviting (they say they will come) or bypassing by not inviting another sim, and instead of opening up into the festival, it opens up to the screen that shows all of the worlds. If I go into a world and try to load into where the festival takes place, the games gets stuck on loading.
What do you expect to see? My sim arriving at the festival after clicking the Travel to Festival button and inviting another sims along or not.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. This happened after the newest Game Pack and the update.

I played a day or so before the latest update and was able to travel to the Pranks Festival like normal. I wasn't able to play for a day or two and then I purchased the new game pack. I do play with Mccomand Center. I thought maybe it was the MCC, so I backed out, shut it off, rebooted the game without MCC and it still happened. I've repaired the game as well made sure it was updated, and that didn't work the bug out.
Thank you in advance. Standard smile

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title

Message 10 of 100 (9,132 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] [SE] Travelling to Festival causes World to reload

Hero

I'm going to mark this as fixed as no one has posted back after the patch.

If you still have this issue, please create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 100 of 100 (2,443 Views)

All Replies

Mount Komorebi issue

★★ Novice

I am having an issue with my sim who has travelled to Mount Komorebi. Yesterday I installed the Dream home Decorator pack and created a household to live in one of my own builds with the intention of one of them taking a job as the home designer. 

First of all, the sim who I used to take the job signed up for a gig starting the next day. There was no notification to send her to work, so I had to split her from the household and move her into an apartment (in San Myshuno). It worked fine after that but then a notification came up saying the snow festival was on in Mount Komorebi so I decided to send her with her family (From the first household I mentioned). The loading screen came up and then the screen of the worlds so I closed the game as it was late and I was going to bed.

I put the game back on today and I went to my sim's apartment. She is greyed out and I tried to get to her at Mount Komorebi but it is doing the same thing as last night. I googled it and I found something that says to clear the cache which I have done, but it's still not working. I do not have any mods or CC installed.

I think there may be a bug on the Snowy Escape pack. Is anybody else having a similar issue?

Message 1 of 100 (8,027 Views)

Re: Mount Komorebi issue

Hero
@Blossom6379 Did you ever try to travel to the onsen on that save ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 100 (8,012 Views)

★★ Novice

No I don't think so. 

I have realised that it is definitely the save as I tried to visit another world and it wouldn't load so I have gone onto another save and it seems to be running fine. I don't want to risk going to MK though so I haven't tried that yet.

Message 3 of 100 (8,002 Views)

Hero
@Blossom6379 There is a known issue with the Onsen

Would you mind sending me your broken save ? Instructions in my signature

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 100 (7,995 Views)

Can’t travel to festival anymore.

★★★ Apprentice

Well I just wanted my family to go to the Snow festival but it takes me to the map selection screen where I try to make them go  and it glitches and then it just loops back to the map selection screen. What do I do now?

Message 5 of 100 (9,155 Views)

Re: Can’t travel to festival anymore.

★ Apprentice

Same issue. Just got a notice for the snow festival, picked someone to travel with, and now all I get is the screen to choose a world. I tried exiting out and back in the game but it says my sim isn't home and when I hit play for her it's straight back to the world choosing screen. I'm attempting a repair right now to see if it helps.

Message 6 of 100 (9,135 Views)

Hero
@Sefdancer4life The onsen lot is broken, causing this.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 100 (9,127 Views)

★ Apprentice

So is my save ruined? Or will they release a patch to fix this?

Message 8 of 100 (9,115 Views)

Hero
@Catallyst74 I assume you haven't saved ? You should be able to just leave the game and restart. I don't kno whow long it will be until they fix it-

If you did save, load an automatic backup: https://sims4.crinrict.com/eng/2014/09/recover-backup-save-game/

You might loose some hours

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 100 (9,110 Views)