by DDWard1972

Original Post

[SE] Space heater easily inflamable

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.68.154.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Placing a Space Heater in a large area near any dividers or furniture
What happens when the bug occurs? When placed near any furniture in large space
What do you expect to see? Not cause so many fires.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Snowy Escape pack

I have a space heater in her bedroom and it sits in the corner near a Bonsai tree (the kind you can shape and trim for skills) and it is set for automatic temperature. NO problems in her upstairs suite. It kicks on when it is cold and turns off when it gets warm like its supposed to without any problems. I placed one downstairs and it sits in a corner of a platform near (but not right up against) a room divider and her TV console and TV. It is also set to automatic. The one downstairs has caused three fires until I finally get rid of it and put in a thermostat. I moved it into three different corners and it still set the floor and anything one or more spaces (including the walls) around it ablaze until the brave, handsome firefighters came and saved me . . . THREE TIMES! Why is the space heater downstairs so faulty but the one upstairs is fine? Yes, I got rid of the one downstairs and bought and new one after the first fire, I copied the upstairs space heater and placed it in a different spot downstairs after the second fire, and finally just got rid of it entirely and put in a thermostat after the third and final fire. 

I should also like to point out I don't use microwaves in Sims 4 ever. Not even ones in a job site like the Police station, because you get uncomfortable and "cold in the middle" every time! I have used different microwaves, used better more expensive microwaves, even Father Winter GAVE me a microwave for Christmas once and STILL cold in the middle. (There is a mod that fixes the microwave though. It is available on modthesims). 
Do I just have really bad luck with downstairs space heaters? Is the downstairs space to large? Do I need to move the space heater completely away from ANYTHING downstairs (which would be hard to do because there are still floors and walls that caught fire too)?
BTW, before you ask, there are no CCs or Mods that would affect the space heaters so disabling any CC or mods have no effect.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title

Message 1 of 8 (2,369 Views)

Re: Space Heaters faulty?

[ Edited ]
Hero

@DDWard1972 Could you please test a different house if that has the same issue ?

Do you have any lot traits ?

(and testing without mods is important so it's not jotted down as a mod issue even if you say you have no mods that affect that. If you refuse to test without, EA QA might not look into it, just so you're aware)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 8 (2,363 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Fast Internet and Home studio but no negative lot traits. (Already had no mods or CC and that's when the second fire happened)

Message 3 of 8 (2,345 Views)

Hero
@DDWard1972 Would be good if you could test another house.

Could you post some pictures of your setup ?

I'm personally not having any issues

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 8 (2,334 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Well, not anymore I sold the heater and got a thermostat. It may have just been bad luck but I thought it was weird that it worked fine in the upstairs bedroom and constantly caused fires downstairs. The only thing I can think of is maybe the space heater only works well with smaller rooms. The house is the Maxis house, 6-4-1 Hanamigawa. The downstairs is an open living area with a Kotastu table and a platform entranceway and kitchen area. The upstairs room is a simple bedroom that is only half the size of the downstairs. I am only guessing but I guess the Space Heaters burn out and cause fires if they try to heat up large spaces.

Message 5 of 8 (2,311 Views)

Hero
@DDWard1972 Yeah, that's the house I've been using and didn't have any fires so far.

Sounds like bad luck really.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 8 (2,286 Views)

Re: [SE] Space heater easily inflamable

★★ Apprentice

I've had this too, I had one in the living room and one in the bedroom, both constantly cought the surroundings on fire, one time one after the other in a single night. 

Now I have removed both since it ruined the game and they are trying to have a baby. 

I liked an alternative to the thermostat, but this is just too much. 

Message 7 of 8 (2,206 Views)

Re: [SE] Space heater easily inflamable

[ Edited ]
Hero

@AngelPlys Do you have the eco pack ? If so, can you check if it makes a difference if you set the option: Build mode Items grant Gameplay effects (not even sure if you need eco or if it was added by the patch, tbh) to off ?

For testing

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 8 (2,202 Views)