Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [SE] Sim keeps ski boots on all the time

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.70.84.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of the previous and new ones
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I went on a ski trip with my sim and when i got back home i first noticed it.
What happens when the bug occurs? My sim keeps her ski boots on all the time. In all of her outfits. When i enter creation mode to remove it, the game shows the shoes i originally picked but when i go back to play mode. The ski boots are still on. I tried starting the game without mods but the issue still remains.
What do you expect to see? Shoes going
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Snowy escape update and latest patch

My sim keeps her ski boots on all the time. In all of her outfits. When i enter creation mode to remove it, the game shows the shoes i originally picked but when i go back to play mode. The ski boots are still on. I tried starting the game without mods but the issue still remains.

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Tag

Message 1 of 16 (3,895 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [SE] Sim keeps ski boots on all the time

Hero

Ski Boots no longer appear in the 'Change Outfit' picker. Sims will also remove Ski Boots when bathing. A 'Take Off Snow Boots' interaction has been added.

Fixed in Patch 1.99.264/1.78

please create a new thread if you're still experiencing this issue,

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 16 of 16 (1,665 Views)

All Replies

Hero
@NightShade2708 Have you tried to give her different shoes in CAS ?
Did you delete your localthumbcache file after removing mods ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 16 (3,869 Views)

★ Novice

Hello, Yes we tried both these options and she still wears her ski boots Frown

Message 3 of 16 (3,828 Views)

Hero
@NightShade2708 Could you upload the Sim to the gallery ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 16 (3,777 Views)

Hero
@NightShade2708 Would you mind uploading your Sim to the gallery ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 16 (3,705 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@NightShade2708 Merging some threads

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 16 (3,670 Views)

ski boots on all outfits, no way to unequip

★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.76.81.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansions, stuff and packs except for vacuuming, which is terrible.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have your sim ski or snowboard in a cold outfit that does not have ski boots on and go snowboarding or skiing. After you are done, all outfits including nude will have ski boots stuck with no way to unequip or change.
What happens when the bug occurs? All outfits have default blue ski boots stuck to them.
What do you expect to see? I expect to see my chosen shoes being displayed, not some blue ski boots that I cannot remove from outfits.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

This will be the third time I have abandoned a sim I like, which I have worked for aspirations and romance and all that crap. Every time I forget to change into the cold outfit that HAS ski boots, my sim gets stuck with ski boots on all outfits. I am using Steam, but the issue occurs even if I go through the EA interface without using Steam. I have tried repairing the game, buying climbing gear and equip/unequip, and having a no shoes house rule. In CAS it looks like the shoes are normal outfit shoes. This behaves like the climbing gear, which is not a bug, but it looks like for some reason the ski boots are behaving like climbing gear even though the player cannot equip or unequip. The times I have forgotten about this I have abandoned the game and started over, as I don't want my sim to be wearing ski boots all the time. The only way to fix it so far is to go back to a previous save, which often sets me back so much it's not worth it, might as well start over. I would be happy if you could just show me a work-around that doesn't involve losing all my progress.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1kigVorhzhGWyYHZZJeiTXQR9emiTqQdq/view?usp=sharing

Message 7 of 16 (3,725 Views)

Re: ski boots on all outfits, no way to unequip

Hero
@jenicillin your link is set to private. Could you make it public ?

Someone else was having the same issue but they solved it, not sure how though. I had checked their save at the time and wasn't able to duplicate it, unfortunately.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 16 (3,691 Views)

Hero
@jenicillin Would you mind making your link public ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 16 (3,642 Views)

★ Guide

Hello everyone,

I'm having the same issue, my characters don't take off their ski boots when they finish skiing or snowboarding, they wear them even when they are having a bath!

That's happening just after the new pre-Cottage Living patch.

Message 10 of 16 (3,624 Views)