by BiffaBaker

Original Post

[OPEN] [SE] Sim gifts spoiled dish as apology gift

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
What is your current game version number? 1.68.156.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Expansions: All Game Packs: Dine Out, Outdoor Retreat, Parenthood, Realm of Magic, Spa Day Stuff Packs: Kitchen, Fitness, Laundry, Tiny Living, Knitting, Toddler, Vintage Glamour
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? My Sim is Head Of Department in the Salary Person Career. If I select 'Work Overtime' (which has a separate bug thread here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Salary-Person-Career-Work-Overtime-doesn-t-work/m-p/9768130#M1...), when he returns home he will try and give his Wife an 'Apology Gift'. This looks to be a sushi dish which is spoiled.
What happens when the bug occurs? The wife has it in her inventory but can do nothing with it except 'clean up'. You cannot cancel the action of 'Give Apology Gift'.
What do you expect to see? Well, something other than this. I didn't know this was a feature and it's a pretty rubbish one at that. Flowers would make more sense, let's be honest.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Another Snowy Escape bug.  

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Title 

Message 1 of 6 (1,805 Views)

Apology Gift

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Platform:Sony Playstation 4
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 05.142
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansion packs All game packs except Star Wars All stuff packs except spooky, my first pet,, perfect patio and luxury party.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Salary Person career - work overtime
What happens when the bug occurs? The husband (working overtime in salary person career) returns home from work and gives Wife’s “apology gift”. When I check the wives inventory, she has been gifted a dirty plate/dish.
What do you expect to see? Not really sure what gift the wife is meant to receive. I think this could be a really sweet addition to the game.... if it worked Frown
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Installing snowy escape

Message 2 of 6 (1,474 Views)

Re: [SE] Sim gifts spoiled dish as apology gift

★ Guide

This has happened several times in my game as well. My guess is that it takes an object as random in build and buy, but DEBUG items where dirty plates are located should be excluded. And I definitely agree flowers would be a nice and logic touch.

Also the sim receiving the gift had no reaction to it, a positive or negative buff would be expected, what's even the point of the feature otherwise ?

Message 3 of 6 (1,370 Views)

Dirty dishes as a gift (Snowy escape)

★★ Novice

Platform:PC
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.70.84.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Snowy escape; Get to Work; Eco Lifestyle; Discover University; Island Living; Get Famous; Seasons; Cats & Dogs; City Living; Get To Work; Get Together; Jungle Adventure; Parenthood; Vampires; Dine Out; Spa Day; Outdoor Retreat; Nifty Knitting; Tiny Living; Moschino Stuff; My First Pet Stuff; Laundry Day; Toddler Stuff; Fitness Stuff; Bowling Night Stuff; Vintage Glamour Stuff; Backyard Stuff; Kids Room Stuff; Romantic Garden Stuff; Movie Hangout Stuff; Cool Kitchen Stuff; Perfect Patio Stuff; Luxury Party Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Get a Sims to work overtime in the salary person career when he lives with his wife.
What happens when the bug occurs? When he works over time he gives a gift to his wife to apologize to being home late. The gift is DIRTY DISHES...
What do you expect to see? I expect the gift to be a meal
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

When I have a sims working over time in the Salary person career, he gives his spouse dirty dishes as a gift to apologize to being late. Every time.

Message 4 of 6 (1,284 Views)

★ Guide

Happened to my game as well. I'm guessing it's a play on the stereotypical thing where a japanese husband brings sweets / food as an apology after working late. But yeah the plates are all empty so it's more like an insult. "Here wench, wash these too!"

Message 5 of 6 (1,262 Views)

★★ Novice

I just experienced this same issue yesterday. I thought it was cute he brought her sushi but when I drug it out  of the inventory it is an empty plate. Really comes off more insulting that sweet.

Message 6 of 6 (766 Views)