[SE] Sim can't form relationships at all (Sim used to be Yamachan)

by Fanphoria

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[SE] Sim can't form relationships at all (Sim used to be Yamachan)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
What is your current game version number? 1.69.59.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? everything except eco living, laundry day, and journey to baatuu
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? no idea honestly
What happens when the bug occurs? one specific sim (hasn't happened with any others that I've seen so far) cannot form relationships. They are in a household where they have a husband and two children, and are listed that way in CAS, but no matter how much they interact with anyone, including their family, they still have "no relationships," and no green or pink bars ever build with anyone. They can't travel with anyone because no one knows them and they know nobody, can't kiss or whohoo with their husband (although they can easilly perform other romantic interactions with no problem). They CAN select their family to "volunteer" with them, but then their family goes off without them and they do not leave with them once the volunteer activity is selected. I'm still exploring everything going on, but so far that's what I've seen.
What do you expect to see? All sims to be able to form relationships normally and have appropriate relationships status and interactions with their family members.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I have already tried reinstalling, repairing, and also sorts of cheats to delete and regain relationships to to fix this and nothing has worked. 

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title, Added Base Game Version Number

Message 1 of 16 (6,218 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sim can't form relationships at all

[ Edited ]
Hero

@Fanphoria Apologies for not getting back to you earlier.

Your Sim is the townMascot (Yamachan ?)

You can remove the trait with the cheat: traits.remove_trait trait_TownMascot

After that you should be able to form relationships again

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 10 of 16 (6,084 Views)

All Replies

Hero
@Fanphoria Sounds like something is corrupt about the Sim. If you save the Sim to the library and place in a new game, does the Sim have the same issues ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 16 (6,204 Views)

★ Guide
@crinrict Yeah, I saved the sim and started a new game with, completely independent and also with her family, and in both cases she still can't form any relationships. So, yeah, the sim must be corrupted. Guess there's not much I can do about it huh? Like, best I could do would be to delete her completely, and replace her with a different, new sim, and maybe cheat the relationships with the new sim? Which I don't really wanna do (kinda breaks the immersion lol) but...yeah. Sucks :-/
Message 3 of 16 (6,173 Views)

Hero
@Fanphoria Do you have the Sim in the gallery ? What's the name.

I can test if I can duplicate.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 16 (6,156 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@crinrictHey, thanks so much for trying! I hadn't before, but I've shared with the gallery now. I'm on there as Fanphoria, and I've uploaded both the individual sim as "Kelsey (bugged)", and the whole family as "Kelsey Family (Bugged)", in case that matters at all. Let me know if you can/can't find them.

Message 5 of 16 (6,151 Views)

Hero
@Fanphoria I'll check it out in the morning

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 16 (6,139 Views)

★ Novice

Oh my god,

I got exactly the same problem. Came here looking for answers.

I spend a long time creating this sim and deleting him all along would be devastating for me.

Message 7 of 16 (6,110 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

I try to give further information about my problem. I apologize for any grammar errors. English is not my first language.

I didn't create this Sim, I just gave a townie a make over in order for my sim to date him. (Legacy Challenge) She had not met him before, but when I met him in Mt. Komorebi, he was in that stupid Yama-chan mascot suit, so I couldn't interact with him. I didn't know the game has decided him to be Yama-chan before. I added him to the household so he can build a relationship with my sim but the bars won't go up. All the normal stranger interaction options are available but they don't know each other. I tried to reset the corrupted sim several times, tried every option in the MC-Command Center, restarted the game, tried to repair it but no changes at all. They still can't get to know each other. I even aged him up and down - nothing. The only thing I haven't tried is to create an identical looking twin as I did not wanted to redo all the outfits but it seems like I have to.

Edit: The "identical twin" solution worked

Message 8 of 16 (6,101 Views)

★ Guide
@TiayinSims My sim was also game generated! So that's interesting.

Huh, haven't tried the "identical twin" thing...and then i'd need to cheat the relationships I guess. Kind of a bummer, but I guess it's a last resort solution if it comes to that.
Message 9 of 16 (6,090 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@Fanphoria Apologies for not getting back to you earlier.

Your Sim is the townMascot (Yamachan ?)

You can remove the trait with the cheat: traits.remove_trait trait_TownMascot

After that you should be able to form relationships again

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 16 (6,085 Views)