by SimGuruRitzy

Original Post

[SE] Salary Person: Doesn't complete semi important reports

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.68.154.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play in the salary person job. Can't complete semi important reports on computer.
What happens when the bug occurs? Doesn't complete semi important reports. Says not started.
What do you expect to see? Sims in salary person career not doing the daily requirement.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Latest patch right before Snowy Escape was released.

Sims in salary person career won't complete semi important reports on computer. Says not started. Cancels out when I try to get them to do it, Tried with 2 different sims with same result.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, adjusted title

Message 1 of 8 (1,691 Views)

Re: Salary Person bug

Hero
@StripedRainbow What level are you at ? I've personally not had any issues with this.

It does stay as not started until you finished the full circle though.

Did you do the whole task in one go ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 8 (1,672 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I'm just a level 1. The action gets cancelled out so I can not complete it. It stays at not started even though I tried starting it several times.

Message 3 of 8 (1,668 Views)

Hero
@StripedRainbow Do you get any lastexceptions in your doc folder when it gets canceled ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 8 (1,666 Views)

Hero
@StripedRainbow Is anything interrupting the interaction ? Does hit happen every time ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 8 (1,610 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have the same problemFrown 

Message 6 of 8 (1,441 Views)

EA Staff

Hello,

If anyone of you are still encountering this (without mods), would you be willing to share your save file(s)?

If so, please send me a private message with a link to the file.

Instructions here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 7 of 8 (1,375 Views)

[SE] Salary Person, Prepare Semi-Important Report: Shows not started till done

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.92.145.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Expansion Packs: -Get To Work -Get Together -City Living -Cats And Dogs -Seasons -Get Famous -Island Living -Discover University -Eco Lifestyle -Snowy Escape -Cottage Living -High School Years Game Packs: -Outdoor Retreat -Spa Day -Dine Out -Vampires -Parenthood -Jungle Adventure -StrangerVille -Realm Of Magic -Journey To Batuu -Dream Home Decorator -My Wedding Stories -Werewolves Stuff Packs: -Luxury Party -Perfect Patio -Cool Kitchen -Spooky -Movie Hangout -Romantic Garden -Kids Room -Backyard -Vintage Glamour -Bowling Night -Fitness -Toddler -Laundry Day -My First Pet -Moschino -Tiny Living -Nifty Knitting -Paranormal
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? - Have a Sim in the salaryperson job. - Start the "Prepare semi-important report" task.
What happens when the bug occurs? Even after starting the "Prepare semi-important report" task, the task status remains (Not Started) until the task is finished.
What do you expect to see? After starting "Prepare semi-important report" task, the task status should show (Just started), then (25% done), then (50% done), then (75% done), then (Complete).
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title 

Message 8 of 8 (1,386 Views)