by kukkahilla

Original Post

[OPEN] [SE] [S] Storm Chaser trait not working with Thundersnow

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.78.58.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Snowy Escape, Eco Lifestyle, Discover University, Island Living, Get Famous, Seasons, Cats and Dogs, City Living, Get Together, Realm of Magic, Strangerville, Junge Adventure, Parenthood, Vampires, Dine Out, Spa Day, Outdoor Retreat, Paranormal, Nifty Knitting, Tiny Living, Moschino, Laundry Day, Fitness, Vintage Glamour, Kids Room, Romantic Garden, Movie Hangout and Luxury Party
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Take a sim with a storm chaser reward trait to Mt. Komorebi Yukimatsu neighbourhood and have them inside a building during a thundersnowstorm. Then move them outside.
What happens when the bug occurs? The storm chaser sim will have Scared of Thunderstorms moodlet when they are inside. When they are outside they don't have Feel the Storm! moodlet.
What do you expect to see? The storm chaser sim should not have Scared of Thunderstorms moodlet when they are inside. They should not be scared of thundersnowstorms. They should also have Feel the Storm! moodlet when they are outside in a thundersnowstorm.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

The bug occurs when the storm chaser sim is inside a building during a thundersnowstorm (picture 1). When they are outside they don't have any kind of moodlet regarding to the weather (picture 2), though they are supposed to have Feel the Storm! moodlet that they have during a regular thunderstorm (picture 3). Other sims have What Am I Doing Out Here?! moodlet when they are outside in a thundersnowstorm (also picture 3).

It seems that the trait is partly connected because the storm chaser sim, unlike other sims, isn't tense when they are outside in thundersnowstorm.

I guess this bug occurs because thundersnow is a new type of weather that can be encountered in Mt. Komorebi and it is both blizzard and thunder, so the reward trait doesn't recognise it properly.

Storm chasers should not be scared of any kind of storms.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 7 (3,010 Views)

Re: [SE] [S] Storm Chaser trait not working with Thundersnow

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I tested this more now and created a blizzard with the weather machine. It seems that storm chasers act like they were in a blizzard when they are outside during a thundersnowstorm, but then when they go inside it just gets messed up and they get the scared of thunderstorms moodlet.

I also forgot to mention that last time I tested the normal thunderstorms and the trait worked fine. There was no scared of thunderstorms moodlet when my storm chaser was inside.

So it goes like this:

Thunderstorm

Storm chaser inside: Sweet! A Storm! happy moodlet

Storm chaser outside: Feel the Storm! happy moodlet

Other sims inside: Scared of Thunderstorms moodlet

Other sims outside: What Am I Doing Out Here?! scared moodlet

Blizzard

Storm chaser inside: nothing

Storm chaser outside: no moodlet, but wants to run inside

Other sims inside: nothing

Other sims outside: What Am I Doing Out Here?! tense moodlet & wants to run inside

Thundersnowstorm

Storm chaser inside: Scared of Thunderstorms moodlet

Storm chaser outside: no moodlet, but wants to run inside

Other sims inside: Scared of Thunderstorms moodlet

Other sims outside: What Am I Doing Out Here?! tense moodlet & wants to run inside

I don't know whether storm chasers should have their happy moodlet in thundersnowstorms, but at least they shouldn't be scared of thundersnow.

Message 2 of 7 (2,866 Views)

★ Guide

Still scared of thundersnowstorms Dragon

Message 3 of 7 (2,567 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@kukkahilla I have this one too, same as you described.
Message 4 of 7 (2,556 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same here. I came to the same conclusion that the sim sees the snowthunder storm differently and I agree that they should never be afraid of any storm due to the fact they thrive on them.

Message 5 of 7 (2,147 Views)

Just discovered this problem. Removing and reintroducing the trait solves the problem temporarily -- until the next time there's a thundersnowstorm, and the moodlet is back as if the "stormchaser" trait doesn't even exist.
Message 6 of 7 (1,621 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [SE] [S] Storm Chaser trait not working with Thundersnow

★ Guide

Stormchaser still afraid of thundersnowstorm outside Disappointed

Message 7 of 7 (651 Views)