by SqueamishNerd

Original Post

[SE] Needs Go Down Too Fast When Hiking

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Svenska
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.71.86.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except Spa Day, Outdoor Retreat, Paranormal Stuff, My First Pet Stuff and Digital Deluxe.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Be sure your sims have about full needs. Go on a hike in Mt Komorebi.
What happens when the bug occurs? The needs go down too fast. Bladder is the worst, the sims need to pee after not long at all and sometimes they pee themselves even before the hike is over. Also, the fun and social needs go down even though it's a hike (fun) together with other sims (social).
What do you expect to see? Not my sims peeing themselves before the hike is finished. So either some way for them to pause the hike to go pee or the needs not dropping so fast.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

This would've been okay if my sims could actually pause the hike to go pee somewhere, but they can't. Even if I cancel the hike they continue to hike for a while before stopping, and if the hike is cancelled they can't continue where they left off, they have to start from the beginning.

Also weird that the fun need and the social need go down. Isn't fun and social the whole point with a hike?

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 5 (1,167 Views)

Re: [SE] Needs Go Down Too Fast When Hiking

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

To add to this - the game says that it's better with friends, however:

-Social need only goes down during the hike - even though they are actually audibly talking on their own (not with queue icons, though.) AND they even pause for my sim to tell a hiking story and still no increase.

-All chat queues get handled after the hike, when they reach their destination. (I've also had sims in the group return without me after only a little bit of time.)

I haven't experienced major needs drops, nor attempted to stop my hike for fear of not being able to pick up where I left off. 

Message 2 of 5 (980 Views)

★★★★ Pro
@Elixiryn To be frank, I think the needs drop as fast as they normally do, it's just that the hikes take so long time that the needs go down too much before the hike is finished. The bladder need wouldn't be a problem if it was possible for sims to pause the hike and go to a toilet. There should also be toilets or pee-bushes spread out by the trail. The mountain climbing trail in Yukimatsu has pee-bushes, so I don't see why there aren't any toilets or pee-bushes by the hiking trails in Senbamachi.
Message 3 of 5 (958 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@SqueamishNerd At the top of the camps use cheat code bb.enablefreebuild and place whatever you want 😊
Message 4 of 5 (746 Views)

★★★★ Pro
@keveqas5lcwk Do you mean for the mountain hike? I mean the hikes down in Senbamachi, the trails in the bamboo forest and around the temple.
Message 5 of 5 (740 Views)