by JasonVega2

Original Post

[OPEN] [SE] Mountain Excursion Event Goals Not Working

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.69.59.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Start a Mountain Excursion event.
What happens when the bug occurs? Goals are randomly being completed with the sims doing anything. Excursion Leader is unable to check excursion members' readiness. The action pops up and then immediately cancels and the goal does not complete. When all excursion members are by the trail marker, only the 1st sim is counted but the other members are not even if right next to the marker, so they are unable to move on to the next part.
What do you expect to see? Goals only completed when sims do the actions. Sims are able to complete the actions told with it canceling and all sims are counted when standing next to trail marker and move on to next part.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title 

Message 1 of 7 (5,884 Views)

Re: Mountain Excursion Event Goals Not Working

★ Apprentice

Also having this issue. The "Check Excursion Member" goal has never worked for me, even without mods. No idea what's going on.

Message 2 of 7 (5,822 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@AmberNikki147 I too had this problem. But I just climbed up the first wall to start the expedition and one of my members started a conversation with my sim. Once they were talking I selected the check readiness option again and my sim actually did it. I guess try after everyone is waiting by the marker and speak with the other sim until it works? I hope it works for you!
Message 3 of 7 (5,772 Views)
Highlighted

Re: [SE] Mountain Excursion Event Goals Not Working

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

Just tried to go mountain climbing today.

'Check Excursion Leader's Climbing Readiness' happened autonomously.

'Check Excursion Member's Climbing Readiness' *tries* to occur autonomously, but doesn't work. The action disappears after 5 seconds or so and then will reinitiate on it's own after another few seconds. The action disappears *immediately* if I initiate it manually.

I wonder if building a Snow Pal ruined the synching in my case? My Sims did that right *after* the autonomous check on the Excursion Leader happened.

Message 4 of 7 (5,390 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [SE] Mountain Excursion Event Goals Not Working

★★★★★ Apprentice

I found a workaround for this in another forum that is working for me consistently so far: hug the excursion member, then check them.  I thought maybe it was proximity based, but just moving close didn't help.  I guess sometimes you just gotta hug out.  Wink

Message 5 of 7 (3,505 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Thus works but still does not solve the overall problem unfortunately Frown

Message 6 of 7 (2,890 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [SE] Mountain Excursion Event Goals Not Working

★ Guide

Hugging a sim can get it to complete the check their gear, however it doesn't fix the problem where it's only counting 1 excursion member, it's impossible to move on from even the first marker because it acts as if only 1 sim is there.

Message 7 of 7 (615 Views)