by EllaSWL

Original Post

[OPEN] [SE] Hotpot doesnt work

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.68.154.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all of them except star wars
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I go to make something on the hotpot in sims 4 snowy escape, and the sim refuses to do it. It just dissapears from the taskbar. no waving to say something is in the way either. i have tried moving it, telling a diffirent sim to do it and buying a new one. It still doesnt work...
What happens when the bug occurs? Just disspears from the taskbar
What do you expect to see? The sim starting to cook the meal in the hotpot
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

It worked the first time i tried it. After that it just stopped working. I have cooked it twice, and tried several times. it is cook for several sims option if that matters.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 15 (14,007 Views)

Re: Snowy escape hotpot doesnt work

Hero
@EllaSWL Have you tried multiple houses ? Maybe test on a fresh save ?

Are you using it on a normal table or kotatsu table ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 15 (13,985 Views)

★★★ Novice

Not sure about OP, but mine won't work when I set it on the kotatsu but will work when I put it on a normal surface. 🤷🏻‍♀️

Message 3 of 15 (13,851 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

I've seen something similar on PS4, but it was because the sims were waiting for the last member to appear so they could all sit down at once. As soon as the last sim made it to the table, the action appeared and they sat down together.

In my case, it was a toddler with low movement skill so it took a long time for them to get to the table.

Message 4 of 15 (13,839 Views)

Hero
@EllaSWL In my experience, hotpots need lots of patience. It can happen that they disappear from the queue and then are added back.

Especially if you invite NPCs to join you.

Try just watching them what they're doing and see if they get back to eating from it after a while.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 15 (13,832 Views)

★★★ Novice
@crinrict They don't work in any kind of surface, at least that's what happens in my game. I haven't even been able to try it.☹
Message 6 of 15 (12,288 Views)

Hero
@Martasimsmarta Are you using mods ? Have you tried a game repair ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 15 (12,245 Views)

★ Guide

the problem only seems to come up for me when not everyone is sitting at the kotatsu already.

Cooking won't start until everyone is there, so it seems as if the hoopot actions isn't working.

But the action shows up in the queue of the sims not already sitting at the table.

Message 8 of 15 (12,209 Views)

★★★ Novice
@crinrict I have some for create a sim, I'll try the game repair. Thank you for your help Crin!😄
Message 9 of 15 (12,185 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [SE] Hotpot doesnt work

★★★★ Novice

I just found out it’s not working because you need to remove the lot challenge simple living if you have it on the lot your trying to use the hotpot on. If you have that on try removing it then using the hotpot hopefully it works.

Message 10 of 15 (6,731 Views)