by Moonbel21

Original Post

[SE] Frequent Traveler Lifestyle Triggers Incorrectly

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.69.57.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except Luxury Party Stuff, My First Pet Stuff, and Journey to Batuu.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Make vacation rental lots in residential worlds OTHER THAN Mt. Komorebi and have your sim vacation in them frequently. OR Move a sim into a residential lot on Yukimatsu and never leave it.
What happens when the bug occurs? The "Frequent Traveler" lifestyle will remain locked for a sim who travels all the time, but only to residential worlds that came out before Snowy Escape. It will, however, become active on a sim who never leaves their home if that home is in a place the game considers a "destination" (i.e. Yukimatsu).
What do you expect to see? I expect to be able to unlock the Frequent Traveler lifestyle by going on vacations, no matter where my sim goes on vacation to. I expect the Frequent Traveler lifestyle to remain inactive if my sim never travels, regardless of where they live.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Installed Snowy Escape expansion pack.

I tried forever to get a Frequent Traveler lifestyle for my travel writer sim, but it would not unlock, which made me think the lifestyle was just a dud. However, when she traveled to Selvadorada once after not traveling for a while, the Frequent Traveler icon immediately switched to "in progress." I have also been watching a let's play from a game changer who moved a family to Yukimatsu so they could ski all the time, has never sent them on vacation, and noticed that Frequent Traveler had changed to "in progress" on her sims, as well. This leads me to believe that this particular lifestyle is triggered by specific "destination" locations like the vacation worlds and the Yukimatsu neighborhood (which does not have any residential lots by default even though you can put them there), rather than by the act of sending your sims on vacation. Suffice to say, I believe this is the wrong trigger for this lifestyle, as it removes an important benefit from our new ability to create vacation rentals in any world--and is completely nonsensical in the case of non-traveling sims who live in Yukimatsu.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 5 (1,242 Views)

Re: Frequent Traveler Lifestyle Triggers Incorrectly

★★ Guide

I saw this happen to my sim who lives on Mt.K too, she lives there and has never once traveled, yet she got the "frequent traveler" lifestyle.

Message 2 of 5 (1,222 Views)

Re: [SE] Frequent Traveler Lifestyle Triggers Incorrectly

★★★ Novice

Having this issue also. My sims just spent a whole weekend (3 days) vacation to the jungle and neither even had the lifestyle unlocked after...

Message 3 of 5 (817 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I've also had this problem and hit "me too". I'd like to add my experience: I have a sim living on a residential lot in the Senbamachi neighbourhood in Mt. Komorebi. She has never travelled outside of Mt. Komorebi or taken a vacation. But she does regularly go up to the Yukimatsu neighbourhood to snowboard, ski and hike. The Frequent Traveller lifestyle has changed to "in progress" despite her never leaving her native world. I'm not sure if it's simply living in Mt. Komorebi or actively skiing, snowboarding and hiking that has triggered it, but I don't think the lifestyle should have been triggered.

Message 4 of 5 (674 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I would like to add another minor issue related to the Frequent Traveler lifestyle, which is not a bug but is still something I would like to see addressed: if a sim with the Frequent Traveler lifestyle asks about home region to a sim who lives in Mt. Komorebi or any world that came out before it, they get a lovely blurb about the specifics of the world in question--but if they ask a sim who is from a world that came out after Snowy Escape (thus far Henford-on-Bagley or Tartosa), all they get is a generic "it's a nice place" message. It would be much appreciated if the sim gurus could add tailored blurbs for the two new worlds, and any other new worlds we might get going forward.

Message 5 of 5 (606 Views)