Re: Can't build snowpals anymore in Snowy Escape

by EnkiSchmidt

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [SE] Can't build snowpals anymore in Snowy Escape (No Seasons Pack)

[ Edited ]
Champion

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Deutsch
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.80.69.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All EPs except for Seasons, all GPs, all SPs except for Tiny Living. Of the kits only Bust the Dust.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Send one or more sims to the snow neighborhood in Mt. Komorebi. Tell one sim to build a snowpal. Then tell them to build a snowpal together.
What happens when the bug occurs? The sims walk to the designated spot, but then they won't start the interaction. They do not wave or complain, they just stand around.
What do you expect to see? My sims to start building a snowpal.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Steps I've taken: Remove mods, delete localthumbcache, repair game in Origin. I also made sure that I was in deep snow (where sims visibly walk differently), but it made no difference. All the spots I tried were ones where sims had been able to build snowpals in the past.

The problem occurs in new saves created after the Wellness update as well as in existing saves. It happens to sims living in Yukimatsu as well as to visitors from other worlds. The other snow activities (snow angels and snowball fights) work normally.

The problem already occured before the Wellness Update, but I do not know how long exactly. (Last time it happened I thought my sims were too cold, but today it happened to sims with perfect motives and no negative moodlets whatsoever.)  I have a screenshot from june that shows sims building a snowpal in Yukimatsu.

I should perhaps also add that I play with free will off, so "they just stand around" isn't symptomatic for lag or a different problem. It's simply what the sims do when they have no commands to follow.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 1 of 10 (3,398 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] [SE] Can't build snowpals anymore in Snowy Escape (No Seasons Pack)

Hero

The interaction to build a Snowpal will no longer fail while visiting Mt. Komorebi.

Fixed in Patch 1.99.264/1.78

please create a new thread if you're still experiencing this issue,

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 10 of 10 (850 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
Hero

My Sim just build this beauty

Bild_2021-10-06_205641.png

So I guess I can't duplicate.

I do have seasons though so I wonder if that makes a difference. Will test without tomorrow

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 10 (3,389 Views)

Champion
@crinrict Thank you for testing this! I googled the problem before posting here and only an old penthouse related snowpal problem came up, so, yes, it seems to be a rare issue. Any idea what else I could try to fix it, aside from removing mods?

Message 3 of 10 (3,360 Views)

Hero
@EnkiSchmidt Since I do have seasons my test isn't entirely representative. I need to test without it. I'll let you know what I find when I get a chance to do so.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 10 (3,336 Views)

Hero
@EnkiSchmidt Finally got around to test this without seasons and I can duplicate the issue without it. Seems it's an issue if you don't have that pack.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 10 (3,257 Views)

Champion

Thank you for testing, @crinrict  ! Glad to hear that the problem wasn't on my end. Too bad the * outweigh the pros of getting Seasons for me. I'll wait for a fix.

Message 6 of 10 (3,190 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Unfortunately, it still hasn't been fixed. Devil I just got Snow Escapes (4/8/23) and even though I can make snow angels, have snowball fights and even shove snow in someone's face... it seems the bug for making snowpals is persisting.

Message 7 of 10 (1,952 Views)

★★★★ Guide

I've also tried repeatedly to build snow pals in snowy escape, even once while it was snowing heavily, and I once a 'not enough snow' message, I think. I'm about to go back there, I'll see if I can replicate this and take a screenie.

Message 8 of 10 (1,946 Views)

Champion

This is still an issue. I know most people have Seasons, but I don't have or want it. When I try to have any Sim of any age try to build Snowpal on Mt Komorebi, the action just disappears from the queue instantly.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
I am a Volunteer for Answers HQ, I do not work for EA
She/Her
Message 9 of 10 (1,378 Views)

Hero

The interaction to build a Snowpal will no longer fail while visiting Mt. Komorebi.

Fixed in Patch 1.99.264/1.78

please create a new thread if you're still experiencing this issue,

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 10 (851 Views)