by kaiwryplays

Original Post

[SE] Camera stops following sim when snowboarding/skiing

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.84.197.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansions except cottage living. All game packs except journey to batuu and dream home decorator. All stuff packs except my first pet, paranormal, and backyard
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a sim go skiing or snowboarding and have the camera follow the sim.
What happens when the bug occurs? When the camera is locked on a sim and they start to skii or snowboard, the camera stops following the sim as soon as the start going down the slope. If you lock the camera on the sim while they are snowboarding, it will stay locked on them but stops following them at the bottom of the slope.
What do you expect to see? I expect to have the camera stay locked on my sim always unless I move the camera or manually stop it from following my sim.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

This bug is not game breaking or anything, it's just really annoying. 

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title. Please add pack tags yourself so I don't have to break the template.

Message 1 of 6 (706 Views)

Re: Camera stops following sim when snowboarding/skiing

EA Staff
Hey @kaiwryplays

would you mind sharing the video of the issue you are mentioning above?

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 2 of 6 (666 Views)

★ Guide

https://streamable.com/7jd3m4

In the video the sim is walking to start snowboarding and the camera follows him. Then when he gets on the snowboard and starts moving the camera stops following him. Then I had to lock the camera on him again and it stayed while he was snowboarding but then stopped following him again at the bottom of the slope. 

Message 3 of 6 (588 Views)

★ Guide

@SimGuruRitzy I'm not sure if you got my video I sent. I also can confirm i still have this problem with the latest patch. 

Message 4 of 6 (490 Views)

Re: [SE] Camera stops following sim when snowboarding/skiing

Hero (Retired)

This also happens on PS5. I click on the follow cam for the sim, but it stops following when the sim goes down the slope. The follow camera worked prior to the update that broke the slopes on console and hasn't worked since the slopes were fixed.

Message 5 of 6 (480 Views)

EA Staff
@kaiwryplays Received the video you sent over on the above post, have forwarded it to the team for further investigation.

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 6 of 6 (442 Views)