[SD] Sims arms stretch weirdly to do manicures (Two Chairs next to each other)

by Cuti3bat

Original Post

[SD] Sims arms stretch weirdly to do manicures (Two Chairs next to each other)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.79.93.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? city living, get to work, island living, cats and dogs, snowy escape, discover university, seasons, get famous, get together, spa day, realm of magic, dine out, vampires, parenthood, tiny living, moschino, bowling night.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Place the massage chair directly next to each other by using the bb.moveobject cheat.
What happens when the bug occurs? The sims move far away to the side to do the sim's manicure/pedicure. This causes them to stretch their arms really far and in an unnatural position to their side. Also, sometimes customers will get up and walk away with a completed manicure and not pay the sim who completed said manicure.
What do you expect to see? I expected to see the customer sit down, hold out their hands and the person doing the manicure do their nails close to the customer. Then when the customer stands up, they should look at their nails and pay me.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. This happened after the latest patch with the spa day refresh.

Sims do this weird thing where they walk two chair lengths to the side and stretch their arms to their side as if to do nails. the animation gets completely messed up.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, adjusted title

Message 1 of 7 (527 Views)

Re: Sims arms stretch weirdly to do manicures

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

I’m seeing this too, but it’s only maybe 25% of the time. I’m wondering if there might sometimes be something in the way of the chair, such as wall decor that’s too close.?

Message 2 of 7 (511 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I have the same issue. I didn't test it but it feels like it happens when there are two massage chairs side by side. I didn't place the chairs with moveobjects.

Message 3 of 7 (495 Views)

Hero
@Kita5399 Do you also have two chairs next to each other or just deco very close ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 7 (469 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I have made a screenshot, too. There is no deco or other sims and it's enough space arround the chairs. It happens only when there are  two or more massage chairs.

And there happen other glitches. One screenshot is from a sim not sitting on the massage chair while having a pedicure. The other is from a sim wearing shoes while having a foot massage.

Message 5 of 7 (449 Views)

★★ Guide
@crinrict Mine have walls about one full grid space to either side, and a shelf on the wall behind them. The set up is exactly the same for both chairs, but I only get this issue with one of them, it’s always the chair left side, right side works fine. I’ll try removing the walls and decor to check when I have time later today. The lot I’m using is on the gallery, I have the same user name there, the lot is called Spa de Rill, if you want to try it out.
Message 6 of 7 (428 Views)

Hero
@Kita5399 Thanks. Might try it tomorrow if time allows :D

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 7 of 7 (424 Views)