by simsplayer818

Original Post

[SD] Nail Colour chart for NPCs keeps popping up

[ Edited ]
Champion

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Xbox Series S
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What is your current game version number? 1.68.2.2300
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Courtyard Oasis, Island Living, Luxury Party, Laundry Day, Snowy Escape, Vintage Glamour, Nifty Knitting, Jungle Adventure, Realm of Magic, Bowling Night, Cats and Dogs, My First Pet, Outdoor Retreat, Country Kitchen, Throwback Fit, Toddler, Dream Home Decorator, Fitness, Romantic Garden, Dine Out, Movie Hangout, Discover University, Gnome on the Go, Perfect Patio, Spa Day, Kids Room, Industrial Loft, Parenthood, Backyard, Strangerville, Moschino, Animal Hats, Tiny Living, City Living, Get Famous, Life of the Party, Get to Work, Up all Night, Cottage Living, Get Together, Seasons, Cool Kitchen, Grims Guitar, Incheon Arrivals, Fashion Street, Blooming Rooms, Paranormal, Eco Living, Decor to the Max, Carnaval Streetwear, Moonlight Chic, Wedding Stories, Desert Luxe, Pastel Pop, Everyday Clutter
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Visit a Spa that includes mani/pedi facilities and spend the entire day there.
What happens when the bug occurs? The chart pops up over whatever you are doing and asks you to choose a nail colour for NPCs that I've never played and my Sim has never met.
What do you expect to see? I don't expect this to happen at all. It shouldn't be happening because it's not my Sim getting the mani/pedi.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

So my Sim is a wellness instructor and she freelances at the Aham Ashram Yoga Studio Spa, which I added from the Gallery. I edited it quite a lot and added manicure chairs and massage therapy tables to it plus saunas, gym equipment and more yoga and meditation facilities.

My Sim leads guided meditation sessions all day on the roof terrace and kept being interrupted by the nail colour chart for NPCs getting mani/pedis. Judith Ward likes her nails done apparently and it was my job to choose the colour whether I liked it or not. It was happening 2 or 3 times in a Sim day.

It was one thing when I was getting financial updates for NPCs on my notification bar, it was another when I was alerted to them learning about a new type of fish...but at least those didn't stop what my Sim was doing.

I don't know when it started as I've only just started playing again after console technical problems from Autumn 2022 until I deleted my game and started again at the start of January. It didn't happen last year in the Spa I designed myself.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title. Please add pack tags yourself. Thank you.

I don't work for EA. I'm a Volunteer.
+XP for helpful answers from fellow players.
Accept as Solution helps others find the answer.
Message 1 of 7 (821 Views)

Re: Sims 4 Nail Colour chart for NPCs keeps popping up

★★ Guide
@simsplayer818 Has your Sim ever tended to the manicures and pedicures at the spa, at all? Your Sim will get the pop-up if your Sim is tending them, even if your Sim isn't the Sim getting a manicure or a pedicure. If this is showing up outside of those two situations, then that is definitely a glitch. Sims multitasking sometimes glitches, so if your Sim had been tending the chairs previously, then maybe the interaction got stuck?
Message 2 of 7 (807 Views)

Champion
@SimmerStar4 No she's never been involved with anything except for freelance yoga and meditation. She's not even spa staff. She actually just grabs the instructor yoga mat or meditation stool when the spa staff aren't running their own classes. She has had a pedicure there as a customer though.
She's just using the space as her house isn't big enough to run classes from.
Message 3 of 7 (792 Views)

★★ Guide
@simsplayer818 Huh. It reminds me of the glitch when Likes and Dislikes were first added where players would get prompts for Sims outside of the current household for Likes and Dislikes. Have you selected a nail polish colour for a Sim when that shows up? Did the Sim then receive that nail polish colour?
Message 4 of 7 (786 Views)

Champion
@SimmerStar4 I just tapped anything to get rid of the box and it went away. My Sim was on the outside terrace and the nails are done on the ground floor so I had a look and saw the NPC in the chair but didn't take any notice of the colour applied. If it happens again today I'll get some pictures to add here. My Sim is trying to complete the Wellness Aspirations so she's spending morning till night at the spa.
I've had NPC notifications for years for all kinds of things and they bug me a little, but this is the one that gets in the way more because I play at a faster speed when carrying out repetitive tasks, so the box popping up was really getting on my nerves a bit. Also, when I've got notifications for Sims outside my household prior to this they were always from previously played households or Sims I'd created or edited. This is the first time it's notifying me about households I've not created, edited or even interacted with yet.
Message 5 of 7 (761 Views)

Hero
@simsplayer818 Could you please add a picture of the pop-up you're getting ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 7 (755 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@crinrict Hi there, here are a couple of shots of what's happened so far today.

I've tested a couple of scenarios to see if it's specifically yoga or meditation clients but it appears to be anyone who gets a pedicure. I've watched the chairs the entire time, while my Sim was hosting her own classes to see what happened when a Sim went over to the mani\pedi area. So far playing today for 2 (real life) hours, 2 people have asked for pedicures and both times I've got the pop-up to pick a nail polish. This time I've watched the customer to see if they got their pedicure but they didn't. After I choose the townie's nail polish they got out of the chair and walked away. The first Sim was an acquaintance and the second was Judith Ward again, who my Sim hasn't spoken to.

I'm finishing up with this Sim today and starting a new Sim over the weekend. I'm going to keep bringing Sims back to the spa, but this time they won't be teaching wellness like my current Sim. I want to test it to see if it carries on with any Sims or if it only happens when I have a Sim using the yoga and meditation equipment.

Message 7 of 7 (727 Views)