by AcaciaCEJ

Original Post

[SD] [GT] Sim paying for everyones face masks in club gathering

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.47
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Make a spa club, go to the spa - the other sims line up at the fridgeand my sim chooses & pays.
What happens when the bug occurs? My active sim is charged and the otherwise gets a mask
What do you expect to see? I don't mind choosing a mask for clubs but shouldn't the other sim pay for it?
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Latest spa update patch

My active sim (whilst in a club gathering) at the spa is paying for everyones facemasks in the club? Don't know if it's a bug or if it is because she leads the club but she is also paying for non club members masks too.

I don't mind choosing random masks but shouldn't the individual sims pay for them??

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 11 (1,041 Views)

Re: [SD] [GT] Sim paying for everyones face masks in club gathering

★★★ Apprentice

Yes.  Came here just to see if someone else thought this was either a bug or an oversight.  Those masks must be super enticing, cause the sims were constantly buying them - which is great, and a very much wanted feature - but the accompanying menu that pops up and the fact my sim has to pay for everyone is either an awful design choice, or something overlooked, or a bug.

I hope it's not by design, my poor sim wasn't rich enough to afford everyone's mask so I kept saying no - clicking the X, but they just kept trying ... couldn't enjoy my day at the spa at all with all the pop ups.   The next day, I went back and this time just chose the cheapest mask for the other sims.  It was better, as they didn't keep asking at least, but my sim was out of pocket.  

Couldn't they just do this autonomously without the popup, and without my sim paying?

And if it is a bug, one thing,  I did purchase the little fridge in live mode, well, you know, while my active sim was visiting.  Did this trigger it?  So I bulldozed that lot and built a new one - (was going to anyway), but the same thing happened.

This pop up along with the likes and dislike for the whole town is driving me bonkers!

Message 2 of 11 (987 Views)

★★★ Guide

Created a new household and made the mother (Renzz BlueBoi) the wellness expert as this will be how she makes money. Created a wellness club and while at the club meeting at the spa my sim had to select and pay for the masks. I had to cheat and give my sim money to cover the expense. This should not be the case. My sim doesn't pay for anything else at the spa, so she shouldn't have to pay for the masks.

Please fix this - also it is not necessary for my sim to select the masks for the club members.

Message 3 of 11 (907 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Now I'm thinking they have the coding back to front, because it's my sims that I'm playing that goes to the fridge automatically and doesn't have to pay! They do it straight after they turn into their robes.

Btw, this is happening without being in a club gathering, just a normal visit.

Message 4 of 11 (885 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

@Simalleyaile Have they got the free spa membership trait? That way all spa services are free.

@troshalom Yeah, it's so annoying having to keep clicking masks for them! I was mean to Judith Ward and Eliza Pancakes and made them wear animal masks! Mwaaahaaahaaa!

Message 5 of 11 (793 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

okay, I just got a workaround for this.  Make your wellness club and make everyone eligible with a certain trait (I've chosen the good trait) then purchase a club door which keeps out everyone but members.  Even the staff can't get in!  lol. but I'm not shelling out thousands for masks anymore! You could get your sims to do massages on each other, do yoga routines of their own choosing.  Hope this helps! I made a pool, that they enjoy swimming in, and they can also gain points Just by swimming in Sulani. Now after a few minutes of playing this club with 3 members, everyone's blissed out and I have enough points for pretty much everything! Yay!  Please read and do this, it makes the wellness club so much better and more peaceful, without Brytani Cho bursting in and commanding cheers! :D My famous sims have a new station so they can record then go back to their yoga.  So. please with my Omsican Wellness Centre which you can find in my gallery profile. Totally set up for this!

I do not work For EA, but I do like to help people if I can
Keep on simming and have fun!

Helping to keep The Sims, Sim-ple!

Gednaaahhh

Message 6 of 11 (714 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

Even better idea, make the venue generic.  I'm hoping now I've done that the staff won't turn up, then all your sims should be able to relax in peace!  :D  I'll let you know how this goes. I'm about to start a gathering...

Message 7 of 11 (680 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

Well, that went well...NOT! No venue to gather at now, so I've had to use the spa at my own sim's home, but hope all my delving into this has helped some and saved you simoleons!  Does anyone read these???  :D

Message 8 of 11 (679 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

haha!!!  They didn't even come to my great mansion and wellness spa!  What is going on? :D

Message 9 of 11 (676 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

@AcaciaCEJI thought it was designed this way. So I don’t choose ‘spa’ activity while club gathering. Just pick,’be friendly’ and ‘workout’. And then, only my sim starts holding yoga class and giving massage services. 😁

Message 10 of 11 (657 Views)