[FIXED] Weird situational outfits on NPCs (Mainly Hats/Accessoire)

by simvasion

Original Post

Re: NPC Sims wear crazy clothes at night

Champion
Hard to tell because there are multiple layers of things happening.

A) there's a bug with random hats and jewellry being applied to situational outfits and then reappearing on the next situational outfit they wear e.g. towels, festival outfits and seasonal holiday outfits.
B) on certain seasonal holidays you'll see outfits like this e.g. New Year's Eve, because that is partywear and top hats intentionally
C) Vampires walking by will wear situational outfits in different styles such as Punk Vampire, but they could also be bugged with random hats and accessories which aren't meant to be part of those outfits, but they are applied.
D) You'll also see normal sims wearing these outfits because the game does "Fake Vampire" walkbys where normal sims will dress like vampire posers.
Message 11 of 117 (3,499 Views)

Hero

I merged the threads and changed the title a bit.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 12 of 117 (3,465 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I'm getting this issue. Malcolm Landgraab (played household, but not current active one) shows up to a humor and hijinks festival wearing all white with a darth maul mask. Definitely not a saved outfit and doesn't make sense with the festival. A little frustrating when you try to play semi-realistic with story haha! Caleb Vatore also showed up wearing all white, no weird headpiece though. Attached a picture of Caleb and another with Malcolm. 

Extra info - Malcolm and Caleb both vampires, as well as a couple children in the area. The child vampires (malcolm's kids) showed up in normal outfits and were part of my group gathering. 10-18-18_12-06-08 AM.png

10-17-18_11-44-54 PM.png

Message 13 of 117 (3,402 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Weird situational outfits on NPCs (Mainly Hats/Accessoire)

★★ Guide
I've been having this issue too.

But not just with random townies and unplayed sims, but with Played Sims that I've personally created and customized outfits for.
When I'm playing a different family I can sometimes see them at places wearing outfits and hats that aren't part of any of the outfits I picked out for them.
Message 14 of 117 (3,374 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

This is still not fixed with the update.

Message 15 of 117 (3,292 Views)

Champion
I had a Humour and Hijinks festival (first since the Get Famous patch) and it seemed like outfits were working – the Jokesters were wearing all white with no crazy hats or accessories and the Pranksters were in all black outfits that actually looked coordinated.

There was one guy who showed up in a Llama Man mask, but I’m not sure if it was just a case of needing to wait a while for all the old bugged situation outfits still saved on my sims to rotate out and be replaced?
Message 16 of 117 (3,271 Views)

★★★★ Guide
Apparently I pressed Me Too on this months ago...
Message 17 of 117 (3,212 Views)

Hero
Wished more people would do that so we can get more then 26 :D

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 18 of 117 (3,211 Views)

★★ Guide

My weirdest ones happen when my sims change into towels at the gym or spa. 

Message 19 of 117 (3,193 Views)

★★ Guide
Ditto. Had this happen within the last two weeks--popped into one of my played sims' households, and they were in bizarre outfits that were not one of the outfits I've made & saved for them in CAS.
Message 20 of 117 (3,159 Views)