Re: [OPEN] Weird situational outfits on NPCs (Mainly Hats/Accessoire)

by LiELF

Original Post

NPCs dress weirdly always and everywhere

★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.48.94.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play the game with a famous sim I think.
What happens when the bug occurs? NPCs (even not random-generated NPCs, like Bella Goth or Thorne Bailey) wear ugly and strange clothing all the time, everywhere. Not only at festivals.
What do you expect to see? NPCs just wearing what they should according to CAS in their everyday lives.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I know that there's multiple threads about this issue, but I can only find the ones that are event related (for example at festivals or parties in nightclubs, and even read that this may be by design?). I think my issue's related to Get Famous, because it occurs especially when npcs are spawning in front of my famous sim's houses (as fans?). After playing some time, npcs like Vanessa Jeong and Thorne and Olivia just look ridiculous, wearing loads of accessories and different clothes from the ones shown in CAS.

Message 31 of 117 (2,059 Views)

Re: NPCs dress weirdly always and everywhere

Hero

Hi @MissyBojangles

these are situational outfits. They don't only occur at festivals but in all kinds of situations.

I merged your post.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 32 of 117 (2,043 Views)

Re: NPCs dress weirdly always and everywhere

★★★ Apprentice

Thanks! 

Message 33 of 117 (2,036 Views)

★ Guide

This is happening for me too. I played in Willow Creek in the Autumn, it was raining, during a custom holiday, and even Sims from other households that I made were showing up in weird outfits. 

No CC in my game, only one mod for pointed ear sliders in CAS. 

Message 34 of 117 (1,920 Views)

★ Guide

It's not only the hats (now featuring those from Strangerville) but also having items from EVERY Accessory category: Socks over leggins? Why not? And sandals to go with that? Perfect!

Message 35 of 117 (1,862 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I have this problem of sims wearing random clothes, on my played sims when I am playing them.

I have all packs except MFP I am using mods and have CC 

I have only noticed this since the April 2019 patch, but may have been happening before, just never noticed it.

Message 36 of 117 (1,806 Views)

Hero

Hi @burnished_dragon 

sounds different than this issue and potentially mod/cc related

Do they just change to a random outfit that they don't have assigned while you play the family or do you play rotationally and they have it when you switch back ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 37 of 117 (1,790 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Well I too thought it might be mods or cc but others on the Sims 4 forum mentioned they have it too. I will try without mods again. It has been in the past the other rotational households when I am not playing them will show up with outfits other than what I dressed them. However this was an actual household I was playing. I mean the outfit wasn't terrible and something that sim would wear lol. Just strange.
Message 38 of 117 (1,766 Views)

Hero
At what point did they change into it ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 39 of 117 (1,758 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

If this is still happening for anyone, a save file would be very much appreciated, thank you so much! https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 40 of 117 (1,689 Views)