Re: Two festivals spawn as one!

by crinrict

Original Post

Re: Festivals won't go away.

Hero

Hi @belpita

could you send your save to QA as per instructions above.

Thanks

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 81 of 101 (1,214 Views)

Re: Festivals won't go away.

★★★★★ Apprentice

Adding this.

Product: The Sims 4
Platform: Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? Don't know. 
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All, except the 
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Presumably by going to a festival?
What happens when the bug occurs? Festival starts. It is either ok from start, but then I can't leave until it ends because it won't go away. Or, it is already overlapping with existing items on the lot. Usually happens to Spice/Romance/Geek festival. One Geek festival stayed for 2 rounds, because it was raining and all the equipment broke. 
What do you expect to see? I fix, please. 
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? It's been an ongoing thing since shortly after San Myshuno was introduced. I don't remember exactly when, but it was after a patch during that time.

Message 82 of 101 (1,208 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [CL] Festival objects spawning into each other and being stuck

★★★★★ Novice

I have been having problems like this since about July/August 2018.  I have all packs and no custom content.  One of my sims that lives in Brindleton Bay put down a street table and tried to sell at the spice festival and was never able to remove the table.  I don’t know if this helped cause the problem or not.  I barely bought city living and cats and dogs in July/August 2018 and have never got to play the festivals /flea market etc. right because of all this overlapping.  I was so hoping it would be fixed in the November 13, 2918 patch, but I didn’t notice it on the patchnotes.... I hope they fix it soon.

Message 83 of 101 (1,140 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [CL] Festival objects spawning into each other and being stuck

★★★★ Guide
I think that's part of a diff bug involving the street sale table itself; if you don't sell off all the items on it, you won't be able to pick it up when it's sitting in the open neighborhood area.
Message 84 of 101 (1,113 Views)

Two festivals spawn as one!

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.47.49.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? I'm reporting for a friend but she has every released expansion and stuff pack so far for Sims 4.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Send a Sim to a festival in San Myshuno
What happens when the bug occurs? When the bug happens, items from 2 separate festivals appear.
What do you expect to see? Romance Festival items at Romance Festival, and so forth
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. November patch

I am reporting this festival bug for a friend, who noticed the festivals in San Myshuno spawning into each other.  She says she has cleaned her cache and that didn't correct the error.

Message 85 of 101 (1,088 Views)

Re: Two festivals spawn as one!

Hero

Hi @venusdemilo1976

merged your report with existing thread.

It's a known issue.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 86 of 101 (1,082 Views)

Broken Fashion District in San Myshuno

★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.49.65
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All EPs, all GPs except for Parenthood, most SPs
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have someone in the Fashion District (like Penny Pizzazz) attend GeekCon or the Romance Festival. Or just send someone from another neighborhood to the Fashion District.
What happens when the bug occurs? Both festivals are set up and overlap, and the decorations never get removed. The festivals never end.
What do you expect to see? An un-decorated neighborhood that removes the special booths and items when the festival ends.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I believe it was the patch around September or October 2018.

I brought this up on the regular message board and it does not seem to have been addressed. I did everything to get rid of the dual Geek-Romance festival - resets, keeping the Sim there until the festival ended, clearing out cache files, etc. etc. ad infinitum, and nothing worked. I deleted the neighborhood, and this glitch actually showed up in the brand-new neighborhood when I sent Bella Goth to the Fashion District to schmooze for her fashion designer job. There was no festival notification in the corner of the screen when this picture was taken.

The overlapping festivals have invaded my entire game. Devil

Please do something about this! Thanks!

01-29-19_2-20-18 PM.png

Message 87 of 101 (965 Views)

Re: Broken Fashion District in San Myshuno

★★★★★ Apprentice

I think the problem is actually Seasons. 

The weather breaks items at some (or all?) festivals, which means that even if you don't visit them they seem unable to disappear. 

I had this issue with GeekCon in particular. 

Message 88 of 101 (952 Views)

★ Apprentice

I don't think it is.. I have the exact same problem since the latest update (I think), for now I've only seen it with GeekCon and Love festival, and I don't have the Seasons expansion pack.

Message 89 of 101 (927 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
LOL, there goes my theory.
It was just that so many others who have had the issue also had the Seasons expansion.
Message 90 of 101 (922 Views)