Re: Game keeps asking me to choose a season

by crinrict

Original Post

[ Edited ]
Champion

@SpiritOfSakura , hmmm 🤔 Does it just happen to the one save game file (the one you had already played when you installed Seasons, or does it also happen on a new save game file? Wondering

Also, you might want to try a repair of the game through Origin. To fix your game in Origin log in and go to Library, then right-click on The Sims 4 and choose the "Repair Game" option from the list.  Wait until Origin finishes repairing all your packs and not just the base game.🙂

Please update us on your situation! Angel

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 21 of 54 (1,508 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@SpiritOfSakura I merged your post with the bug report on this issue.

Make sure to click me too on the first post.

Could you send me your save game ? Instruction in my signature.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 22 of 54 (1,480 Views)

★★ Novice

Sorry for the late response--been busy the past few days and didn't have time to open up my game.

I checked to see if it happened with a new save file, and it didn't! Furthermore, it seems (at least for the moment) that I managed to fix the issue--loading my save through the "load game" option on the main menu, rather than "resume", prompted me to pick a season right away and then didn't ask again when I tried to have my Sims travel. I saved, went back to the main menu, and resumed the game again like normal, and it seems the season stuck like it should!

Thank you for the advice--not sure what was going on there, but it at least seems like it's working properly now! ^-^

Message 23 of 54 (1,411 Views)

Champion

@SpiritOfSakura , I'm glad your game is working properly now! Party hat

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 24 of 54 (1,397 Views)
Highlighted

Hero
@SpiritOfSakura Interesting. Thanks for the update.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 25 of 54 (1,390 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@SpiritOfSakura Hi! Just came here to say the same thing just happened to me, and loading the game rather than clicking resume made it work properly. Weird.
Message 26 of 54 (1,365 Views)

Re: 'choose a season to play in' is stuck

Hero

Tagging @ShadowsProxy @Sals1007 @AvengeTheCookies @MamaErvin1324 @pixeldey 

Could you try if it works for you if you use the load game button instead of resume as well ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 27 of 54 (1,361 Views)

★★ Novice

Mine is now working 

Message 28 of 54 (1,355 Views)

Hero
@MamaErvin1324 When you tried the load button or was it working without that ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 29 of 54 (1,337 Views)

★★★ Novice

I've tried repairing my packs but that did not solve the issue.

The pop-up occurred every time I load the game, even if I travel between lots or worlds.

This issue did not occur with a new save, so I've kind of left my older save behind and started over.

Message 30 of 54 (1,320 Views)