Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [S] Stuck on Select Season Screen for several unrelated interactions

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.87.40.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Vampires, Get Famous, Cats and Dogs, Discover University, Strangerville, Realm of Magic, Jungle Adventure, Seasons
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Click Take vacation to get to the 'Which Season...?' page and try to select a season to play in.
What happens when the bug occurs? I installed seasons and my Sims started to freeze and get stuck. Then I tried to go on vacation, but each time I phone and try, I get stuck on the select season page. I select a season and click the tick and the page just refreshes to select season.
What do you expect to see? To be able to go on vacation
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I installed Seasons

Screenshots of Select Season screen attached

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title 

Message 1 of 54 (12,080 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Can't buy retail lot

Hero

Adding Seasons Expansion Pack to an existing Saved Game will no longer put you in a Season select nightmare when trying to purchase and open a business

Fixed in Patch 1.98.127/1.76

The notes only mention businesses but hopefully this fixes all instances. If not, please create a new thread, describing what interaction you did that caused the Season picker to appear. You should only have to pick once for every save game (either after installing Seasons or when starting a new save).

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 54 of 54 (1,483 Views)

All Replies

Re: Stuck on Select Season Screen when trying to take vacation

Hero
@Sals1007 Do you have a mod that lets you pick seasons per vacation ? This isn't vanilla game behavior. You usually pick a season before you start the save game and that then goes for all worlds.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 54 (12,042 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Newbie

Hi,

No, I haven't got a clue what MOD is. I am quite an amateur. I buy and install the games and can use cheats and that's about it.

which is why I came looking for help :0

Any ideas why this happens?

Thanks.

Message 3 of 54 (11,964 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@Sals1007 Are you asked at the beginning of the game to pick a season ?

Try resetting your user files as described in the factory reset described in this post: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps-amp-Known-Issues/m-p/3621199

You won't loose anything. Just make sure to not delete any files  and make a backup.

After renaming, repair your game by right clicking on the game in Origin.

Try on a new game with nothing added back first (start new game). If it works, put back your save game and try again. If it still works, you can start putting stuff back.

• Options.ini (or just re-set all your settings manually)
  • Tray Folder
  • Screenshots/Videos/Custom music
  • Rest of the save games (leave out slot_00000001.save which is the autosave and no longer needed - if you still have it)
  • Custom content like clothing, hair, skins, make up ....
  • ConfigOverride, if you have your own configuration files.
  • Mods (one by one, making sure they all still work)

The rest does not need putting back, cause they are mostly cache files that recreate or log files that are not needed for the game.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 54 (11,943 Views)

'choose a season to play in' is stuck

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Hi,

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.87.40.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Sims 4, get to work, cats & dogs, city living, cottage living, seasons, dine out, outdoor retreat, vampires, backyard stuff, kids room stuff, laundry day stuff, nifty knitting, romantic garden, tiny living, 
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have your sim call to take a vacation, then the pop-up that lets you choose the season to play in, will not go away.
What happens when the bug occurs?My sims cannot take a vacation because I get the pop up that makes me choose a season (I get this every time I go to another lot) except when I select a season, it just reloads the same 'choose season to play in' screen over and over again.
What do you expect to see? Not having to choose a season every time I change lots. Or at least accept the season I select and proceed to choosing the destination for my vacation.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? No
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? I installed seasons and outdoor retreat at the same time, after that it occurred (but it wouldnot have been possible without those specific packs..)

I tried to uninstall and reinstall the game, it did not make any difference

Message 5 of 54 (11,907 Views)

Re: 'choose a season to play in' is stuck

Hero
@AvengeTheCookies I merged your post with the existing thread on this.

You shouldn't even be getting a pop-up. This issue is strange.

Did you get the pop-up when starting the game or did you just install seasons ?

Could you try the suggestion above ?

Does it also happen on a new save or just the current one ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 54 (11,864 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Hey there!

I'm having the same issue, I got the deluxe edition with the pets expansion and added seasons later. This bug occurs every single time I try to take a vacation but it also asks to pick which season to play in every single time I travel anywhere, weather it be on the same map or if I travel to another one. I tried disabling the seasons pack and that seems to have corrected the issue on my previous save file, but I'll try to start a new game and see where that takes us.

Thanks!

Shadows

Message 7 of 54 (11,775 Views)

Hero
Could anyone send me their broken save ? Instructions in my sigi.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 54 (11,749 Views)

Can't buy retail lot

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

On PS4, with testing cheats true enabled, when I click on buy retail lot in my gameplay, it comes to the screen where you can choose the season whenever I pick a season and click continue the choose a season screen comes back and it keeps doing that.

Message 9 of 54 (11,698 Views)

Re: Can't buy retail lot

Hero
@MamaErvin1324 You have to pick a season to buy a retail lot ? You should only be prompted at the beginning when first place a family in your world. Are you not prompted there ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 54 (11,684 Views)